    config settings, extensions etc)?

    Thanks for any advice.
    David

    DavidM, Jul 6, 2007

  2. DavidM wrote:
    > I'm still using FF 1.5.0.12 (always cautious about new releases), but is FF2
    > now reasonably stable and bug free(ish) and worth doing the upgrade?

    no program will ever be bug free

    > Anything to watch out for when upgrading (saving bookmarks, personalised
    > config settings, extensions etc)?

    all your bookmarks, settings, etc, are stored in an area
    called your FF profile. This is separate from the program
    directory. When you upgrade, the profile is not touched.

    one. Thanks!

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Jul 6, 2007

  3. DavidM

    Dave Garrett Guest

    In article <E2pji.13361$>,
    says...

    > I'm still using FF 1.5.0.12 (always cautious about new releases), but is FF2
    > now reasonably stable and bug free(ish) and worth doing the upgrade?
    >
    > Anything to watch out for when upgrading (saving bookmarks, personalised
    > config settings, extensions etc)?

    I was similarly cautious, but finally upgraded to FF2 a months or so
    ago. No problems, all of my bookmarks and settings transferred over
    smoothly. I did have a couple of extensions that were not compatible
    with 2, but they were automatically disabled (with a warning dialog
    indicating that they were incompatible) during the upgrade. One of them
    I wasn't really using anymore, so it wasn't a big deal, and the other
    one (eBay Negs) had an upgrade available, but it was only on the
    developer's site and not the official FF Extensions site, so it wasn't
    showing up as available during the upgrade process.

    So far FF2 has been very stable and bug-free. I think it runs a bit
    faster than 1.5 as well, but that could just be my imagination.

    Dave

    Dave Garrett, Jul 6, 2007
  4. On Fri, 6 Jul 2007 11:55:44 -0500, Dave Garrett <>
    wrote:

    > So far FF2 has been very stable and bug-free. I think it runs a bit
    > faster than 1.5 as well, but that could just be my imagination.

    Since it is unlikely that your imagination is running any faster, it must
    be Firefox! :)

    Firefox 2.x has been 100 percent stable for me as well, even on a Win98se
    system.
    --
    FoxWolfie

    FoxWolfie Galen, Jul 7, 2007
  5. DavidM

    DavidM Guest

    "DavidM" <> wrote in message
    > I'm still using FF 1.5.0.12 (always cautious about new releases), but is
    > FF2 now reasonably stable and bug free(ish) and worth doing the upgrade?
    >
    > Anything to watch out for when upgrading (saving bookmarks, personalised
    > config settings, extensions etc)?
    >
    > Thanks for any advice.
    > David

    Thanks everyone - I've upgraded and all seems ok.
    Just noticed that FF3 is out on beta!
    David.

    DavidM, Jul 7, 2007
  6. DavidM wrote:
    > Just noticed that FF3 is out on beta!

    that might be true, but its still in the testing stage and
    isn't ready for final release yet.

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Jul 7, 2007