    Chris Guest

    I've heard IE 7 is slow... is it? and is it worth updating? or would
    it be best to wait until it is not in beta?

    Chris, Aug 19, 2006

  2. Chris

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Chris wrote:
    > I've heard IE 7 is slow... is it? and is it worth updating? or would
    > it be best to wait until it is not in beta?

    Someone want to explain why someone would rush to use beta software? I
    never have understood this mentality.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Aug 20, 2006

  3. Duane Arnold schreef:
    > Someone want to explain why someone would rush to use beta software? I
    > never have understood this mentality.

    a developer would be very interested in a new version. A lot of
    companies have their CRM applications running through the internet
    browser ;)

    for personal use at home it's better to wait until the new browser is
    released.

    Timo van Dort, Aug 20, 2006
  4. Chris

    Plato Guest

    Chris wrote:

    > I've heard IE 7 is slow... is it? and is it worth updating? or would
    > it be best to wait until it is not in beta?

    I always install anything Microsoft BETA. That assures me of a perfectly
    operating pc as we all know all MS BETA ware is 100% perfectly reliable.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Aug 20, 2006
  5. Chris

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Timo van Dort wrote:
    > Duane Arnold schreef:
    >
    >> Someone want to explain why someone would rush to use beta software? I
    >> never have understood this mentality.

    > a developer would be very interested in a new version. A lot of
    > companies have their CRM applications running through the internet
    > browser ;)

    From a WEB developer standpoint which I do that with .NET solutions, I
    understand that and that needs to be done in some cases.

    > for personal use at home it's better to wait until the new browser is
    > released.

    I agree.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Aug 20, 2006
  6. Chris

    Win16Rules Guest

    Chris wrote in message ...
    >I've heard IE 7 is slow... is it? and is it worth updating? or would
    >it be best to wait until it is not in beta?

    I'm still using IE 4 and it works great.

    Win16Rules, Aug 21, 2006
  7. Chris

    Travis Guest

    Depends if you want to or not. I did, it works great, hardly ever crashes
    even if it's beta. It's reliable too, phishing filter prevents you from
    having your PayPal/eBay account from getting stolen, and even a warning page
    where it says if the site is malicious or has malicious content. Plus tabs
    very easy to close and create. And a web RSS reader is great.

    Security is much better too. My Dell (2.5Ghz, laptop) seems a little, just a
    little slow on opening tabs.

    And, Internet Explorer 6 is very fast, I wish IE 6 would have rss, tabs, and
    privacy featuers like 7.

    Travis, Aug 21, 2006