    greatly improved range and hopefully improve connections.

    Advice appreciated.

    Dave.

    =?Utf-8?B?QmFkQW5nbGVy?=, Jul 3, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?QmFkQW5nbGVy?=

    Jack Guest

    Hi

    I usually shy away from the combos. The Router is not as good as stand
    alone, and the whole arrangement limit your Network flexibility.

    You should get a good stand alone Wireless Cable/DSL Router and configure a
    regular infrastructure Wireless LAN.

    Wireless Hardware - http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Hardware.html

    If distance is still problem you would need more hardware to extend the
    coverage of the Network.

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "BadAngler" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I currently have 3 PCs, all running XP, with X-Micro WLAN 11g adaptors
    > fitted. However althougn network setup great when all on same table,

    share
    > files, internet etc no probs, as soon as I move them to their room of use,
    > start to have connection problems. I bought aerial extensions to improve
    > signal strength but not much help. I am currently using ad-hoc setup.

    House

    Jack, Jul 4, 2005

  3. Thanks for reply Jack, will look into seperate components. However is the
    power output from a router greater than pci cards and therefore hopefully
    have better range and will enable me to setup infrastructure network as
    opposed to current ad-hoc?

    (For some reason I have been unable to connect to the ezlan.net website for
    last couple of days, just get 'the page cannot be displayed' error.)

    Your time and advice appreciated,

    Dave.

    =?Utf-8?B?QmFkQW5nbGVy?=, Jul 5, 2005