    grateful for the discs and the option of getting the "old" packaging, but
    what an inconvenience. Anyone else hate it?

    Morgan

    Morgan, Aug 17, 2005

  2. Morgan wrote:

    > Out of all the DVDs I own, the packaging for the new Simpsons Season 6 takes
    > the cake! Yeah, it looks kinda neat, but it's a pain in the ass. I'm glad
    > they offer the "boring" case via mail. But I now have to pay $3 shipping.

    And put up with the major bit of petulant snubbing in the very act of
    disagreeing with one of Groening's self-marketing ideas.

    Derek Janssen (close-minded and afraid of change)

    Derek Janssen, Aug 17, 2005

  3. Morgan

    Jordan Guest

    I thought it was kind of cool. I was wondering if they're going to use
    the rest of the characters for the rest of the sets:

    Season 6 - Homer
    7 - Marge
    8 - Bart
    9 - Lisa
    10 - Maggie

    - Jordan

    Jordan, Aug 17, 2005
  4. Morgan

    Jeff Rife Guest

    Jordan () wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    > I thought it was kind of cool. I was wondering if they're going to use
    > the rest of the characters for the rest of the sets:
    >
    > Season 6 - Homer
    > 7 - Marge
    > 8 - Bart
    > 9 - Lisa
    > 10 - Maggie

    Well, with the slow way they are dribbling out the series and how long
    the series has run, there will be enough for *every* character from the
    series.

    --
    Jeff Rife | "She just dropped by to remind me that my life

    Jeff Rife, Aug 17, 2005
  5. Morgan

    Sean O'Hara Guest

    In the Year of the Cock, the Great and Powerful Jeff Rife declared:

    > Well, with the slow way they are dribbling out the series and how long
    > the series has run, there will be enough for *every* character from the
    > series.

    They did two seasons last year. They're doing two seasons this year.
    Hardly a dribble considering the number of commentaries they have
    to record for each set.

    --
    Sean O'Hara | http://diogenes-sinope.blogspot.com
    Bender: Fine, I'll go build my own lunar lander, with blackjack and

    Sean O'Hara, Aug 19, 2005
  6. Morgan

    Sean O'Hara Guest

    In the Year of the Cock, the Great and Powerful Jeff Rife declared:
    > Sean O'Hara () wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    >
    >>They did two seasons last year. They're doing two seasons this year.

    > Nope, they're not. Here's the release schedule:
    >
    > 1st Season 09/25/2001
    > 2nd Season 08/06/2002
    > 3rd Season 08/26/2003
    > 4th Season 06/15/2004
    > 5th Season 12/21/2004
    > 6th Season 08/16/2005

    And Season 7 comes out in December. That's two releases per year for
    two years running -- and not coincidentally, the faster release
    schedule corresponds to TV shows on DVD becoming popular.

    > But even if they ramp it up to every 6 months from now on, they won't
    > catch up to the "current" season until 2014.

    Well, the alternatives are for them to cut the commentaries or
    cancel the show so the crew will have more time to record them.

    Of course, the show isn't likely to last until 2014 -- Groening's
    said several times he just wants to beat Bonanza's record as the
    longest running series before calling it quits.

    > I don't believe anybody
    > thinks DVD will be the media of choice in 2014...it'll have to be some
    > HD format. Which would mean they would go back and re-release older
    > seasons on *that* format.

    So you'll be better off with them eking the series out slowly so
    you'll have fewer seasons to repurchase.

    --
    Sean O'Hara | http://diogenes-sinope.blogspot.com
    Ndnd: It is true what they say: "Women are from Omicron Persei VII,

    Sean O'Hara, Aug 20, 2005
  7. Morgan

    Jeff Rife Guest

    Sean O'Hara () wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    > > 1st Season 09/25/2001
    > > 2nd Season 08/06/2002
    > > 3rd Season 08/26/2003
    > > 4th Season 06/15/2004
    > > 5th Season 12/21/2004
    > > 6th Season 08/16/2005
    > >

    > And Season 7 comes out in December.

    http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/ is on top of every TV show, and really
    popular ones (like "The Simpsons") they have very early details about.
    Yet, there isn't even a flicker of a hint there that anything is coming
    out in December.

    The only hint that it might be out then is an insert in some current
    DVD releases, and we all know how notoriously bad that is.

    --
    Jeff Rife |

    Jeff Rife, Aug 20, 2005