    kinserlow at hotmail dot com
    homepage: www.members.cox.net/rkinserlow
    webmaster: www.d16acbl.org/U197/index.html
    Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr., Jun 7, 2004

  2. Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.

    Pepperoni Guest

    http://vil.nai.com/vil/stinger/

    http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/pf/

    Pepperoni, Jun 7, 2004

  3. Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.

    colin Guest

    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/

    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/FxNetsky.exe
    colin, Jun 7, 2004
  4. Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.

    Kenny Guest

    First hit of 20,100 on Google, scroll down page for removal tool.

    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/
    --

    Kenny

    Kenny, Jun 7, 2004
  5. On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 19:15:15 +0100, "Kenny" <> wrote:

    >First hit of 20,100 on Google, scroll down page for removal tool.
    >
    >http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/

    DL'ed the FxNetsky.exe and it just locks up when I try to run it.
    DL'ed the free AVG virus scanner and it found nothing.
    DL'ed Stinger and the following was the result of a scan--
    Scan initiated on Mon Jun 07 15:36:21 2004

    C:\RECYCLED\NPROTECT\00038132.MB\00003edf.EML\Robert W..txt.exe

    Found the W32/Bugbear@MM virus !!!

    C:\RECYCLED\NPROTECT\00038132.MB\00003edf.EML\Robert W..txt.exe has
    been deleted.

    Number of clean files: 150454

    Number of infected files: 1

    Number of files deleted: 1

    Maybe if I run enough virus scanners I will find all the viri on this
    system! All the viri have appeared in the C:\RECYCLED\NPROTECT
    directory. Does anyone know the purpose of this directory. I have
    thought of deleting all the files in this directory but am not sure it
    is safe to do this.

    Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.
    Lubbock, Texas
    Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr., Jun 7, 2004
  6. Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.

    Thor Guest

    for one thing, you should run these tools in safe mode for maximum
    effectiveness.

    Thor, Jun 8, 2004
  7. Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.

    Plato Guest

    Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr. wrote:

    > According to my NAV 2002 I have gotten infected with a worm. I am
    > running Win98SE. Here is the Norton activity clip.
    >
    > The compressed file data.rtf
    > .scr within application.zip within C:\RECYCLED\NPROTECT\00038134.MB is
    > infected with the W32.Netsky.P@mm virus.
    > Unable to delete the file.

    Heck, if the bug is just in the recycled folder boot to dos and deltree
    it.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Jun 8, 2004
  8. On 7 Jun 2004 22:59:07 -0500, Plato <|@|.|> wrote:

    >Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr. wrote:
    >>
    >> According to my NAV 2002 I have gotten infected with a worm. I am
    >> running Win98SE. Here is the Norton activity clip.
    >>
    >> The compressed file data.rtf
    >> .scr within application.zip within C:\RECYCLED\NPROTECT\00038134.MB is
    >> infected with the W32.Netsky.P@mm virus.
    >> Unable to delete the file.

    >Heck, if the bug is just in the recycled folder boot to dos and deltree
    >it.

    I went to dos and deleted the file under the recycled/nprotect
    directory. Hopefully that took care of the Netsky virus. I will try
    running the FxNetsky.exe in the safemode and see what happens.

    Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.
    Lubbock, Texas
    Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr., Jun 8, 2004
  9. Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.

    Ashton Fagg Guest

    Hi Ray
    Have you tried clearing your temp files and the recycle bin?
    Ash

    Ashton Fagg, Jun 10, 2004
  10. On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 07:23:25 GMT, "Ashton Fagg"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi Ray
    >Have you tried clearing your temp files and the recycle bin?
    >Ash
    >"Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr." <> wrote in message
    >> According to my NAV 2002 I have gotten infected with a worm. I am
    >> running Win98SE. Here is the Norton activity clip.
    >>
    >> The compressed file data.rtf
    >> .scr within application.zip within C:\RECYCLED\NPROTECT\00038134.MB is
    >> infected with the W32.Netsky.P@mm virus.
    >> Unable to delete the file.
    >>
    >> I have some questions. Why doesn't this infection show up on a
    >> complete system scan by NAV 20002? Where the hell is the Symantec
    >> removal tool? I tried to find it and got nowhere. A link would be
    >> nice.
    >>
    >> Ray Wesley Kinserlow Jr.
    >> Lubbock, Texas
    >> kinserlow at hotmail dot com