    in the virus vault. On checking them, it says they cannot be healed. Can
    anyone tell me if it is safe to just leave them there, or should I try to
    get rid of them., if so, how. Thanks.

    Pat, Jun 2, 2005

  2. Pat

    Pat Guest

    "Pat" <> wrote in message
    news:d7nndl$ghg$...
    >I run XP Home SP 2 and have AVG Free, Spybot and MSAS. I have recently
    >received 3 spoof emails with attached viruses, which AVG automatically put
    >in the virus vault. On checking them, it says they cannot be healed. Can
    >anyone tell me if it is safe to just leave them there, or should I try to
    >get rid of them., if so, how. Thanks.

    Forgot to mention the viruses are: I-Worm/Mytob.FR

    Pat, Jun 2, 2005

  3. Pat

    Ron Martell Guest

    "Pat" <> wrote:

    >I run XP Home SP 2 and have AVG Free, Spybot and MSAS. I have recently
    >received 3 spoof emails with attached viruses, which AVG automatically put
    >in the virus vault. On checking them, it says they cannot be healed. Can
    >anyone tell me if it is safe to just leave them there, or should I try to
    >get rid of them., if so, how. Thanks.

    Just delete them from the Virus Vault. These files are pure virus
    and there is no worthwhile content to salvage.

    Open the AVG Control Center and use Program - Launch AVG Virus Vault.
    In the Virus Vault window use Action - Empty Vault.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    http://aumha.org/alex.htm

    Ron Martell, Jun 2, 2005
  4. Pat

    Pat Guest

    "Ron Martell" <> wrote in message
    > "Pat" <> wrote:
    >
    >>I run XP Home SP 2 and have AVG Free, Spybot and MSAS. I have recently
    >>received 3 spoof emails with attached viruses, which AVG automatically put
    >>in the virus vault. On checking them, it says they cannot be healed. Can
    >>anyone tell me if it is safe to just leave them there, or should I try to
    >>get rid of them., if so, how. Thanks.
    >>

    > Just delete them from the Virus Vault. These files are pure virus
    > and there is no worthwhile content to salvage.
    >
    > Open the AVG Control Center and use Program - Launch AVG Virus Vault.
    > In the Virus Vault window use Action - Empty Vault.
    >

    > Good luck

    Thanks a lot for your help. I didn't know if they would still be in the
    system somewhere if I just deleted them, but that's what I will do. Thanks.

    Pat, Jun 2, 2005