Worm\Spybot (P2P-Worm.Win32.SpyBot.a)

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Danny, Aug 14, 2005.

  1. Danny

    Danny Guest

    My son downloaded a file which was identified by AVG as containing the
    worm\spybot. When the warning flashed up he clicked on the continue
    button thinking that the warning referred to the Spybot spyware program
    we run.

    I carried out a full scan which found 2 references to the worm & the
    files have now been "healed"

    I have read up on this worm, which amongst other things can install a
    keyboard logger & am concerned whilst the files may have been
    quarantined the result of their infiltration may still be active on my pc.

    Am I worrying unnecessarily or are their any tests I should be carrying out?

    I have run another full AVG Scan, and have run a Symantic online scan,
    both of which came up clear. I have also run AdAware & Spybot for adware.

    I am running XP Pro & use Zonealarm.

    Any adice would be greatly appreciated, please.

    TIA

    Pebso
    Danny, Aug 14, 2005