    Hi everyone, I have been infected with the worm blaster (am working on
    removing it now) but I keep getting a Kazaa error that says "P2P Cant Start
    Server". Does anyone know if these are related, Koreena

    KLS, Aug 21, 2003

  2. KLS

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as KLS continued:

    > Hi everyone, I have been infected with the worm blaster (am working on
    > removing it now) but I keep getting a Kazaa error that says "P2P Cant
    > Start Server". Does anyone know if these are related, Koreena

    I would remove the thing before going onto any P2P networks - not exactly
    responsible otherwise.
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Aug 21, 2003

  3. KLS

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as slumpy continued:

    > I threw back my head and roared with laughter as KLS continued:
    >
    >> Hi everyone, I have been infected with the worm blaster (am working
    >> on removing it now) but I keep getting a Kazaa error that says "P2P
    >> Cant Start Server". Does anyone know if these are related, Koreena

    > I would remove the thing before going onto any P2P networks - not
    > exactly responsible otherwise.

    And also you will have an answer to your question if you do.
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Aug 21, 2003
  4. KLS

    KLS Guest

    Hi slumpy, have removed the blaster worm, and I think I have the
    w32.mant.worm which is related to the P2P sharing. I am running a complete
    virus scan now to find out. Thanks, K

    KLS, Aug 21, 2003
  5. KLS

    slumpy Guest

    threw back my head and roared with laughter as KLS continued:

    > Hi slumpy, have removed the blaster worm, and I think I have the
    > w32.mant.worm which is related to the P2P sharing. I am running a
    > complete virus scan now to find out. Thanks, K

    No problem, I just wouldn't go into P2P stuff with any kind of virus, just
    seems a bit unfair.

    "Like walking into a busy pub with the black death and sneezing a lot" ;-)
    --
    slumpy
    no more

    slumpy, Aug 21, 2003
  6. KLS

    KLS Guest

    Slumpy, of course I wouldn't do that, I wouldn't do anything to spread it to
    anyone else if I can help it. Thanks, K

    KLS, Aug 21, 2003
  7. KLS

    Boomer Guest

    KLS said:

    > Slumpy, of course I wouldn't do that, I wouldn't do anything to
    > spread it to anyone else if I can help it. Thanks, K

    Hi
    Could you please include some of the message you are responding to,
    in your reply?
    (Tools> Options> Send tab, tick the "Include message in Reply" box.)

    It makes it difficult to follow a thread when you write a reply and
    others
    have no clue on what the question or discussion was about.

    Further info:

    Thank You Very Much :)

    Boomer, Aug 21, 2003
  8. KLS

    °Mike° Guest

    Boot into Safe Mode and start your registry editor:
    Start / Run / regedit

    Navigate to:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    +Software
    +Microsoft
    +Windows
    +CurrentVersion
    +Run

    In the right-hand pane, look for any entry/ies that include
    MSBLAST.EXE, PENIS32.EXE or TEEKIDS.EXE and
    DELETE it/them.
    These are the files associated with the different variants:
    Variant A - msblast.exe
    Variant B - penis32.exe
    Variant C - teekids.exe

    You just disabled the worm from running at startup, so boot into
    normal mode again, and turn off ALL system restores to purge
    your system.

    Open Windows Explorer to the ..\Windows\System32\ or
    ...\WinNT\System32\ folder and DELETE *any* of the
    files named above.

    Next, go to the ..\Windows\Prefetch\ or ..\WinNT\Prefetch\
    and find the reference to the above file/s (any reference will
    be similar to: <filename.exe>-<alphanumerics>.PF), for example,
    msblast.exe-0235D8H6.pf, and DELETE it/them.

    Now you can download and install the patch, configure your
    firewall and update your virus scanner.

    Virus Alert About the Blaster Worm and Its Variants
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?id=kb;en-us;826955

    Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS03-026.asp

    What you should know about the Blaster worm

    Windows RPC DCOM Buffer Overflow Remote Exploit (MS03-026)
    http://www.k-otik.com/exploits/07.25.winrpcdcom.c.php

    How to Use The KB 823980 Scanning Tool to Identify Host Computers
    That Do Not Have The 823980 Security Patch (MS03-026) Installed
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/preview.aspx?id=kb;en-us;826369

    W32.Blaster.Worm
    http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blaster.worm.html

    W32.Blaster.B.Worm
    http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blaster.b.worm.html

    W32.Blaster.C.Worm
    http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blaster.c.worm.html

    W32.Blaster.Worm Removal Tool
    http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.blaster.worm.removal.tool.html

    W32.Mant worm - spreads through Kazaa and Morpheus
    http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.mant.worm.html

    On Thu, 21 Aug 2003 14:18:42 -0400, in
    <k281b.9297$>
    KLS scrawled:

    >Hi slumpy, have removed the blaster worm, and I think I have the
    >w32.mant.worm which is related to the P2P sharing. I am running a complete
    >virus scan now to find out. Thanks, K

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Aug 21, 2003
  9. KLS

    KLS Guest

    Sorry Boomer, here is original:
    Hi everyone, I have been infected with the worm blaster (am working on
    removing it now) but I keep getting a Kazaa error that says "P2P Cant Start
    Server". Does anyone know if these are related, Koreena

    But now I have a new problem, am still getting the P2P error, but my virus
    scan detected JS.Exception.exploit and Backdoor.winet viruses. Have had the
    backdoor before, so I can go into the registry and remove that one, haven't
    had much time to check on the other one yet, so any helpful suggestions
    appreciated!

    Mike: Thank You!~!

    KLS, Aug 21, 2003