    company.

    Any experiences, good or bad, would be most welcome.

    Thank You
    Basil Fawlty, Feb 11, 2008

  2. Basil Fawlty

    EMB Guest

    Basil Fawlty wrote:
    > Good Evening all,
    >
    > I'm considering moving from our Internet access and toll calls from Xtra and
    > Telecom respectively to WorldxChange and would appreciate any feed back on this
    > company.

    Good internet, passable pricing by NZ standards, and they have a usenet
    server.
    EMB, Feb 11, 2008

  3. On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 20:56:28 +1300, Basil Fawlty
    <> wrote in

    > Good Evening all,
    >
    > I'm considering moving from our Internet access and toll calls from Xtra and
    > Telecom respectively to WorldxChange and would appreciate any feed back on this
    > company.
    >
    > Any experiences, good or bad, would be most welcome.
    >
    > Thank You

    I have been with them for several years and have yet to find any reason to
    complain about any aspect.

    --
    Nicolaas.

    .... In a tight situation, presence of mind is desirable. Absence of body
    has even more to recommend it.
    Nicolaas Hawkins, Feb 11, 2008
  4. Basil Fawlty

    Al Guest

    EMB wrote:

    > Basil Fawlty wrote:
    > > Good Evening all,
    > >
    > > I'm considering moving from our Internet access and toll calls from Xtra and
    > > Telecom respectively to WorldxChange and would appreciate any feed back on this
    > > company.

    > Good internet, passable pricing by NZ standards, and they have a usenet
    > server.

    Does Slingshot have a usenet
    server?

    Thanks Alan
    Al, Feb 14, 2008
  5. Basil Fawlty

    shane Guest

    Al did scribble:

    > EMB wrote:
    >>
    >> Basil Fawlty wrote:
    >> > Good Evening all,
    >> >
    >> > I'm considering moving from our Internet access and toll calls from Xtra
    >> > and Telecom respectively to WorldxChange and would appreciate any feed back
    >> > on this company.

    >> Good internet, passable pricing by NZ standards, and they have a usenet
    >> server.

    > Does Slingshot have a usenet
    > server?
    >
    > Thanks Alan

    $ ping news.slingshot.co.nz
    PING news.tranzpeer.net (202.180.64.19) 56(84) bytes of data.
    64 bytes from news.tranzpeer.net (202.180.64.19): icmp_seq=1 ttl=57 time=62.0 ms
    64 bytes from news.tranzpeer.net (202.180.64.19): icmp_seq=2 ttl=57 time=62.1 ms
    64 bytes from news.tranzpeer.net (202.180.64.19): icmp_seq=3 ttl=57 time=64.9 ms

    --- news.tranzpeer.net ping statistics ---
    3 packets transmitted, 3 received, 0% packet loss, time 1999ms
    shane@lapper:~$ nc -vvv news.slingshot.co.nz 119
    news.tranzpeer.net [202.180.64.19] 119 (nntp) open
    502 access denied <>, you do not
    have connect permissions in the nntpcache.access file.
    sent 0, rcvd 137

    About as much help as I can give :)
    --
    Hardware n: Parts of the computer you can kick
    shane, Feb 14, 2008
  6. Basil Fawlty

    Murray Symon Guest

    Al wrote:

    > EMB wrote:
    >>
    >> Basil Fawlty wrote:
    >> > Good Evening all,
    >> >
    >> > I'm considering moving from our Internet access and toll calls from
    >> > Xtra and Telecom respectively to WorldxChange and would appreciate any
    >> > feed back on this company.

    >> Good internet, passable pricing by NZ standards, and they have a usenet
    >> server.

    > Does Slingshot have a usenet
    > server?
    >
    > Thanks Alan

    Yes, I am using it ... news.slingshot.co.nz

    Murray.
    Murray Symon, Feb 14, 2008
  7. Basil Fawlty

    EMB Guest

    Al wrote:
    > Does Slingshot have a usenet
    > server?

    Yes. I believe it is some sort of proxy that connects to ihug's usenet
    server.
    EMB, Feb 14, 2008