"Worldwide" TV - Scam or Good Deal??

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by haniik@norcta.org, Nov 28, 2010.

  1. Guest

    , Nov 28, 2010

  2. richard Guest

    On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 23:04:39 -0600, wrote:

    > Does anyone have experience with these sites which claim to provide
    > "worldwide" TV, such as at the link below?
    >

    > http://www.streamdirect.tv/?hop=htdtinc

    Just understand that what you see is what they broadcast in their native
    language. None of the USA networks are available due to licensing issues
    and other legal stuff.

    richard, Nov 28, 2010

  3. Guest

    On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 23:03:18 -0700, richard <>
    wrote:

    >On Sat, 27 Nov 2010 23:04:39 -0600, wrote:
    >
    >> Does anyone have experience with these sites which claim to provide
    >> "worldwide" TV, such as at the link below?
    >>

    >> http://www.streamdirect.tv/?hop=htdtinc

    >Just understand that what you see is what they broadcast in their native
    >language. None of the USA networks are available due to licensing issues
    >and other legal stuff.

    I do realize that, but I think it could be interesting watching and
    hearing their musical programs. I'm just wondering if the software
    truly works, or if receiving the programs is a hit or miss affair. In
    other words, I'm not worried about the content, but only whether the
    scheme really works.

    Thanks for answering.

    , Nov 28, 2010
  4. thanatoid Guest

    wrote in

    <snip>

    > I think it could be interesting
    > watching and hearing their musical programs. I'm just
    > wondering if the software truly works, or if receiving the
    > programs is a hit or miss affair. In other words, I'm not
    > worried about the content, but only whether the scheme
    > really works.

    The ONLY way to find out is to try it. Since most of those (and
    other similar programs/sites) are free, all you have to watch
    for is adware etc. Do NOT install ANYTHING online EVER - DL,
    scan for viruses etc, and then install and try.

    You WILL find out that a lot of the "live TV" advertised
    consists of little more than a 3 minute flv clip which is
    repeated over and over 24 hrs a day. But there are torrent-
    technology-based programs which allow you to watch REAL TV,
    although not "live" in the strict sense of the word.

    Here are some other links about that and other ways of doing it,
    none tried by me, so proceed at your own risk:

    http://www.cucirca.com/2007/02/21/13-places-to-watch-tv-online-
    for-free/

    http://www.watchonlinetvfrompc.com

    --
    "Anytime I hear the word "culture", I reach for my iPad."
    - 21st Century Humanoid

    thanatoid, Nov 29, 2010
  5. <> wrote in message
    > Does anyone have experience with these sites which claim to provide
    > "worldwide" TV, such as at the link below?
    >

    > http://www.streamdirect.tv/?hop=htdtinc

    Just type "internet tv" in your searchbox and you will find lots of websites
    with streaming tv from all over the world....sort by country and view
    online...no fee to pay...just click on what you fancy and watch.
    If want a free program on your pc to view..then try JLCs Internet TV.

    Mike The Brewer, Nov 29, 2010
  6. M.L. Guest

    >> Does anyone have experience with these sites which claim to provide
    >> "worldwide" TV, such as at the link below?

    >> http://www.streamdirect.tv/?hop=htdtinc
    >>

    >Just type "internet tv" in your searchbox and you will find lots of websites
    >with streaming tv from all over the world....sort by country and view
    >online...no fee to pay...just click on what you fancy and watch.
    >If want a free program on your pc to view..then try JLCs Internet TV.

    Like many Internet TV players, JLC Internet TV Windows requires
    Windows Media Player or Real Player for streaming its TV shows.

    RevoluTV looks promising, has a sleeker interface and doesn't need 3rd
    party players.
    http://vinylsoft.com/

    Neither JLC Internet TV nor RevoluTV can record their TV streams.

    M.L., Nov 29, 2010
  7. G. Morgan Guest

    M.L. <> wrote:

    >Neither JLC Internet TV nor RevoluTV can record their TV streams.

    Can't you snag the stream manually? There are tons of stream-grabbers out
    there.

    --
    You'll be Ok, Enjoy. Life is nothing more than a bunch of mini
    vacations all rolled into one. - Old Gringo

    G. Morgan, Nov 30, 2010