Worlds worst website

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by PseUDO, Jan 3, 2004.

  1. PseUDO

    PseUDO Guest

    PseUDO, Jan 3, 2004

  2. PseUDO

    ac Guest

    In article <Q2uJb.15517$>,
    says...
    > could this be it http://www.panix.com/~clays/biff/ gotta be close!
    >
    > PseUDO

    Almost perfect with a mere 123 HTML (4.01 transitional) spec parsing
    errors. Gotta love the blink tag.

    Recommended for IE 6.0.

    ac, Jan 3, 2004

  3. Hi there,

    PseUDO wrote:
    > could this be it http://www.panix.com/~clays/biff/ gotta be close!

    Its a definite contender! For some reason Netscape took awhile to
    draw the background tile (trying to sort thru syntax errors?), but
    when that kicked in urrrggghh! Gave me the jeeblies!! :-/

    --
    Kind regards,

    Chris Wilkinson, Jan 3, 2004
  4. PseUDO

    RecyclerMan Guest

    PseUDO wrote:
    > could this be it http://www.panix.com/~clays/biff/ gotta be close!
    >
    > PseUDO

    YUCK, at least he he/she said under condtruction, Makes my Pittiful
    efforrts look almost professional, I thought mine were bad:)

    But in all seriousness the page is a page for lurning html so what he
    has lurned is put into the page so long as the page looks like what he
    wanted then he/she has done what they wanted to acheve.

    The Page loded up Ok in Mozilla on a RH9 system Ok just that yello Text
    looks way Bad on the background....

    any way have a look at

    http://cooze.co.nz the only page of cooze that is not porn once I have
    had my doman longer than any of the cooze.xxx I will have them taken
    down just my little vendetter....

    RecyclerMan, Jan 3, 2004
  5. PseUDO

    PseUDO Guest

    "RecyclerMan" <> wrote in message
    > PseUDO wrote:
    > > could this be it http://www.panix.com/~clays/biff/ gotta be close!
    > >
    > > PseUDO
    > >

    > YUCK, at least he he/she said under condtruction, Makes my Pittiful
    > efforrts look almost professional, I thought mine were bad:)
    >

    > But in all seriousness the page is a page for lurning html so what he
    > has lurned is put into the page so long as the page looks like what he
    > wanted then he/she has done what they wanted to acheve.
    >
    > The Page loded up Ok in Mozilla on a RH9 system Ok just that yello Text
    > looks way Bad on the background....
    >

    > any way have a look at
    >
    > http://cooze.co.nz the only page of cooze that is not porn once I have
    > had my doman longer than any of the cooze.xxx I will have them taken
    > down just my little vendetter....

    Nice write up on your computer page, like the picture of the hand on the PC
    case!.

    PseUDO

    PseUDO, Jan 3, 2004
  6. PseUDO

    Adam Cameron Guest

    >could this be it http://www.panix.com/~clays/biff/ gotta be close!

    Has it occurred to you that it's a piss-take?

    Have a look at the options in the select.

    Adam

    Adam Cameron, Jan 3, 2004
  7. PseUDO

    Lebowski Guest

    > PseUDO wrote:
    > > could this be it http://www.panix.com/~clays/biff/ gotta be close!
    > >
    > > PseUDO
    > >

    > YUCK, at least he he/she said under condtruction, Makes my Pittiful
    > efforrts look almost professional, I thought mine were bad:)
    >

    > But in all seriousness the page is a page for lurning html so what he
    > has lurned is put into the page so long as the page looks like what he
    > wanted then he/she has done what they wanted to acheve.
    >
    > The Page loded up Ok in Mozilla on a RH9 system Ok just that yello Text
    > looks way Bad on the background....
    >

    > any way have a look at
    >
    > http://cooze.co.nz the only page of cooze that is not porn once I have
    > had my doman longer than any of the cooze.xxx I will have them taken
    > down just my little vendetter....

    Hi, you might want to adjust the words "some times" on your cv to
    "sometimes", and I see similar faux pas on your website like "my self" =
    "myself", "rite" = "write", "fire wall" = "firewall"; little things like
    that may or may not turn off a prospective employer. Something to consider
    anyway.

    Lebowski, Jan 3, 2004
  8. PseUDO

    Enkidu Guest

    On Sat, 3 Jan 2004 20:20:14 +1300, "PseUDO" <> wrote:

    >could this be it http://www.panix.com/~clays/biff/ gotta be close!

    That is a joke page. Someone is showing how NOT to do it.

    Cheers,

    Cliff
    --

    Christmas comes but once a year, thank the gods. I don't think
    that I could cope with twice.

    Enkidu, Jan 3, 2004
  9. PseUDO

    Lebowski Guest

    "Lebowski" <> wrote in message

    > "RecyclerMan" <> wrote in message
    > > PseUDO wrote:
    > > > could this be it http://www.panix.com/~clays/biff/ gotta be close!
    > > >
    > > > PseUDO
    > > >

    > > YUCK, at least he he/she said under condtruction, Makes my Pittiful
    > > efforrts look almost professional, I thought mine were bad:)
    > >

    > > But in all seriousness the page is a page for lurning html so what he
    > > has lurned is put into the page so long as the page looks like what he
    > > wanted then he/she has done what they wanted to acheve.
    > >
    > > The Page loded up Ok in Mozilla on a RH9 system Ok just that yello Text
    > > looks way Bad on the background....
    > >

    > > any way have a look at
    > >
    > > http://cooze.co.nz the only page of cooze that is not porn once I have
    > > had my doman longer than any of the cooze.xxx I will have them taken
    > > down just my little vendetter....
    > >

    > Hi, you might want to adjust the words "some times" on your cv to
    > "sometimes", and I see similar faux pas on your website like "my self" =
    > "myself", "rite" = "write", "fire wall" = "firewall"; little things like
    > that may or may not turn off a prospective employer. Something to consider
    > anyway.

    Oh, the above was not intended as a flame or anything personal; just that if
    I was to put a cv up for public viewing, I would make sure both the cv and
    the entire website are A1 watertight as far as spelling and grammar goes.

    And of course, the spellcheck may not weed out such compound word gems as
    'its self', 'my self' 'fire wall' etc. Goes to show one cannot rely on a
    spellchecker alone for these matters; good old English class comes in handy
    after all.

    Lebowski, Jan 3, 2004
  10. PseUDO

    T.N.O. Guest

    Adam Cameron wrote:
    >>could this be it http://www.panix.com/~clays/biff/ gotta be close!

    > Has it occurred to you that it's a piss-take?
    > Have a look at the options in the select.

    and the movie download isn't a link.

    T.N.O., Jan 4, 2004
  11. On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 11:15:42 +1300, "Lebowski"
    <> scribbled:

    >"RecyclerMan" <> wrote in message
    >> PseUDO wrote:
    >> > could this be it http://www.panix.com/~clays/biff/ gotta be close!
    >> >
    >> > PseUDO
    >> >

    >> YUCK, at least he he/she said under condtruction, Makes my Pittiful
    >> efforrts look almost professional, I thought mine were bad:)
    >>

    >> But in all seriousness the page is a page for lurning html so what he
    >> has lurned is put into the page so long as the page looks like what he
    >> wanted then he/she has done what they wanted to acheve.
    >>
    >> The Page loded up Ok in Mozilla on a RH9 system Ok just that yello Text
    >> looks way Bad on the background....
    >>

    >> any way have a look at
    >>
    >> http://cooze.co.nz the only page of cooze that is not porn once I have
    >> had my doman longer than any of the cooze.xxx I will have them taken
    >> down just my little vendetter....
    >>

    >Hi, you might want to adjust the words "some times" on your cv to
    >"sometimes", and I see similar faux pas on your website like "my self" =
    >"myself", "rite" = "write", "fire wall" = "firewall"; little things like
    >that may or may not turn off a prospective employer. Something to consider
    >anyway.

    He also might want to invest in some full stops.

    --
    Phillip Weston
    Taumarunui, New Zealand

    Phillip Weston, Jan 4, 2004
  12. On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 11:59:03 +1300, Enkidu <>
    scribbled:

    Much like http://www.webbase.co.nz/temp/ for all you car guys.

    --
    Phillip Weston
    Taumarunui, New Zealand

    Phillip Weston, Jan 4, 2004
  13. PseUDO

    harry Guest

    Phillip Weston wrote:
    > On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 11:15:42 +1300, "Lebowski"
    > <> scribbled:
    >

    >> "RecyclerMan" <> wrote in message

    >>> YUCK, at least he he/she said under condtruction, Makes my Pittiful
    >>> efforrts look almost professional, I thought mine were bad:)
    >>>

    >>> But in all seriousness the page is a page for lurning html so what
    >>> he has lurned is put into the page so long as the page looks like
    >>> what he wanted then he/she has done what they wanted to acheve.
    >>>
    >>> The Page loded up Ok in Mozilla on a RH9 system Ok just that yello
    >>> Text looks way Bad on the background....
    >>>

    >>> any way have a look at
    >>>
    >>> http://cooze.co.nz the only page of cooze that is not porn once I
    >>> have had my doman longer than any of the cooze.xxx I will have them
    >>> taken down just my little vendetter....
    >>>

    >> Hi, you might want to adjust the words "some times" on your cv to
    >> "sometimes", and I see similar faux pas on your website like "my
    >> self" = "myself", "rite" = "write", "fire wall" = "firewall"; little
    >> things like that may or may not turn off a prospective employer.
    >> Something to consider anyway.

    > He also might want to invest in some full stops.

    He could pick all the extra ones out of Woger's posts for free.

    harry, Jan 4, 2004
  14. PseUDO

    PseUDO Guest

    "Phillip Weston" <> wrote in message

    > Much like http://www.webbase.co.nz/temp/ for all you car guys.

    Ladies & Gentleman we have a new winner!

    PseUDO

    PseUDO, Jan 4, 2004
  15. PseUDO

    RecyclerMan Guest

    Lebowski wrote:
    > "Lebowski" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>"RecyclerMan" <> wrote in message

    >>>YUCK, at least he he/she said under condtruction, Makes my Pittiful
    >>>efforrts look almost professional, I thought mine were bad:)
    >>>

    >>>But in all seriousness the page is a page for lurning html so what he
    >>>has lurned is put into the page so long as the page looks like what he
    >>>wanted then he/she has done what they wanted to acheve.
    >>>
    >>>The Page loded up Ok in Mozilla on a RH9 system Ok just that yello Text
    >>>looks way Bad on the background....
    >>>

    >>>any way have a look at
    >>>
    >>>http://cooze.co.nz the only page of cooze that is not porn once I have
    >>>had my doman longer than any of the cooze.xxx I will have them taken
    >>>down just my little vendetter....
    >>>

    >>Hi, you might want to adjust the words "some times" on your cv to
    >>"sometimes", and I see similar faux pas on your website like "my self" =
    >>"myself", "rite" = "write", "fire wall" = "firewall"; little things like
    >>that may or may not turn off a prospective employer. Something to consider
    >>anyway.
    >>

    > Oh, the above was not intended as a flame or anything personal; just that if
    > I was to put a cv up for public viewing, I would make sure both the cv and
    > the entire website are A1 watertight as far as spelling and grammar goes.
    >
    > And of course, the spellcheck may not weed out such compound word gems as
    > 'its self', 'my self' 'fire wall' etc. Goes to show one cannot rely on a
    > spellchecker alone for these matters; good old English class comes in handy
    > after all.

    Good Comments about the Spelling, I have never been good a Writing the
    Quenns Language or other people's language. My notes from tec and Colage
    are a rite shocker looks like written by a 5 year old... Least I can
    read them.

    The CV is in its 5th incarnation as the basic CV there have been some
    job targeted ones as well. Time for a Big Edit.

    RecyclerMan, Jan 4, 2004
  16. PseUDO

    RecyclerMan Guest

    Phillip Weston wrote:
    > On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 11:15:42 +1300, "Lebowski"
    > <> scribbled:
    >

    >>"RecyclerMan" <> wrote in message

    >>>YUCK, at least he he/she said under condtruction, Makes my Pittiful
    >>>efforrts look almost professional, I thought mine were bad:)
    >>>

    >>>But in all seriousness the page is a page for lurning html so what he
    >>>has lurned is put into the page so long as the page looks like what he
    >>>wanted then he/she has done what they wanted to acheve.
    >>>
    >>>The Page loded up Ok in Mozilla on a RH9 system Ok just that yello Text
    >>>looks way Bad on the background....
    >>>

    >>>any way have a look at
    >>>
    >>>http://cooze.co.nz the only page of cooze that is not porn once I have
    >>>had my doman longer than any of the cooze.xxx I will have them taken
    >>>down just my little vendetter....
    >>>

    >>Hi, you might want to adjust the words "some times" on your cv to
    >>"sometimes", and I see similar faux pas on your website like "my self" =
    >>"myself", "rite" = "write", "fire wall" = "firewall"; little things like
    >>that may or may not turn off a prospective employer. Something to consider
    >>anyway.

    > He also might want to invest in some full stops.
    >

    > --
    > Phillip Weston
    > Taumarunui, New Zealand
    >
    > Remove the obvious spamblock to reply via e-mail.

    Se Post above .......
    The Full stops in the web page or on the cv?

    Thanks any editorial Advice accepted...

    RecyclerMan, Jan 4, 2004
  17. PseUDO

    RecyclerMan Guest

    PseUDO wrote:
    > "RecyclerMan" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>PseUDO wrote:
    >>
    >>>could this be it http://www.panix.com/~clays/biff/ gotta be close!
    >>>
    >>>PseUDO
    >>>

    >>YUCK, at least he he/she said under condtruction, Makes my Pittiful
    >>efforrts look almost professional, I thought mine were bad:)
    >>

    >>But in all seriousness the page is a page for lurning html so what he
    >>has lurned is put into the page so long as the page looks like what he
    >>wanted then he/she has done what they wanted to acheve.
    >>
    >>The Page loded up Ok in Mozilla on a RH9 system Ok just that yello Text
    >>looks way Bad on the background....
    >>

    >>any way have a look at
    >>
    >>http://cooze.co.nz the only page of cooze that is not porn once I have
    >>had my doman longer than any of the cooze.xxx I will have them taken
    >>down just my little vendetter....

    > Nice write up on your computer page, like the picture of the hand on the PC
    > case!.
    >
    > PseUDO

    That was a neet machine a long time ago It has been Recycled now :(

    the hand was a colour photocopy of my Hand and a rag I still have that
    immage arround here somewhare (the photocopy).

    RecyclerMan, Jan 4, 2004
  18. PseUDO

    Lebowski Guest

    > Lebowski wrote:
    > > "Lebowski" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>"RecyclerMan" <> wrote in message

    have

    > >>Hi, you might want to adjust the words "some times" on your cv to
    > >>"sometimes", and I see similar faux pas on your website like "my self" =
    > >>"myself", "rite" = "write", "fire wall" = "firewall"; little things like
    > >>that may or may not turn off a prospective employer. Something to

    consider
    > >>anyway.
    > >>

    > > Oh, the above was not intended as a flame or anything personal; just

    that if
    > > I was to put a cv up for public viewing, I would make sure both the cv

    and
    > > the entire website are A1 watertight as far as spelling and grammar

    goes.

    > > And of course, the spellcheck may not weed out such compound word gems

    as
    > > 'its self', 'my self' 'fire wall' etc. Goes to show one cannot rely on a
    > > spellchecker alone for these matters; good old English class comes in

    handy
    > > after all.
    > >

    > Good Comments about the Spelling, I have never been good a Writing the
    > Quenns Language or other people's language. My notes from tec and Colage
    > are a rite shocker looks like written by a 5 year old... Least I can
    > read them.
    >
    > The CV is in its 5th incarnation as the basic CV there have been some
    > job targeted ones as well. Time for a Big Edit.

    Sweet :) Sometimes it's good to cast a fresh pair of eyes over the cv to
    look for the little things that one often misses by oneself. I had a glaring
    mistake on mine once - repeated the same phrase and never noticed it for
    ages :(( Bet that looked good :((

    Lebowski, Jan 5, 2004