    Any suggestions?

    Regards, Lucas Jensen
    , Oct 18, 2005

  2. John Bean Guest

    On 17 Oct 2005 23:58:24 -0700, wrote:
    >I need a good digital camera for some adventures where I cannot rely on
    >a power plug. Therefore, I have some demands:
    >
    >1. As small as possible.
    >2. Has to use batteries which can be bought in a store (i.e. AA, AAA
    >etc).
    >3. Optical zoom is not important at all - it only makes the camera
    >larger.
    >4. Amount of pixels is not important.
    >
    >Any suggestions?

    I have a Sony u30 (2MP, 2xAAA) that fits that profile pretty
    well.

    --
    Regards

    John Bean
    John Bean, Oct 18, 2005

  3. nelly bly Guest

    Re: World's smallest camera using AA batteries. Which one?

    On 10/18/05 2:58 AM, in article
    ,
    "" <> wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I need a good digital camera for some adventures where I cannot rely on
    > a power plug. Therefore, I have some demands:
    >
    > 1. As small as possible.
    > 2. Has to use batteries which can be bought in a store (i.e. AA, AAA
    > etc).
    > 3. Optical zoom is not important at all - it only makes the camera
    > larger.
    > 4. Amount of pixels is not important.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > Regards, Lucas Jensen

    DCResource has a buying guide where AA batteries is an available criteria:
    http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/cameraList.php
    Hth,
    NB
    nelly bly, Oct 18, 2005
  4. Alan Meyer Guest

    wrote:

    > I need a good digital camera for some adventures where I cannot rely on
    > a power plug.

    If you'll have access to a car for these adventures, you
    might consider a battery charger driven by your car battery.
    The drain should be pretty negligible. You can either
    buy a battery charger that comes with a car cord (I've seen
    them for $18), or buy a 12 volt -> 110 volt power inverter
    (as low as about $40).

    Alan
    Alan Meyer, Oct 18, 2005
  5. "John Bean" <> wrote in message
    > On 17 Oct 2005 23:58:24 -0700, wrote:
    >>I need a good digital camera for some adventures where I cannot rely on
    >>a power plug. Therefore, I have some demands:
    >>
    >>1. As small as possible.
    >>2. Has to use batteries which can be bought in a store (i.e. AA, AAA
    >>etc).
    >>3. Optical zoom is not important at all - it only makes the camera
    >>larger.
    >>4. Amount of pixels is not important.
    >>
    >>Any suggestions?

    > I have a Sony u30 (2MP, 2xAAA) that fits that profile pretty
    > well.
    >
    > --
    > Regards
    >
    > John Bean

    Ditto here - got the U30 free when I bought a Video Cam, and it is a great
    little thing!
    Shaw Goh \(NetPlus Micro Computers\), Oct 19, 2005