    will even give a free copy to all Windows users wanting it.

    The BEST HTML EDITOR
    http://tinyurl.com/2fjt

    Collector»NZ, Apr 8, 2005

  2. Collector»NZ wrote:
    > This turned up in a Google search, I thought it was so good I got it. I
    > will even give a free copy to all Windows users wanting it.

    > The BEST HTML EDITOR
    > http://tinyurl.com/2fjt

    gutted, the download links wont launch in mozilla/FF... or for that
    matter in IE.

    I seems to recall a patch addressing this(remotly launching apps
    potentially with variables too)

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Apr 8, 2005

  3. Collector»NZ

    AD. Guest

    On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 11:18:15 +1200, Collector»NZ wrote:

    > This turned up in a Google search, I thought it was so good I got it. I
    > will even give a free copy to all Windows users wanting it.
    >
    > The BEST HTML EDITOR
    > http://tinyurl.com/2fjt

    I take issue with their claim...

    "The Internet's most versatile HTML editor"

    Maybe it would be if it could handle files with Unix line endings. Until
    that time, I'm stuck with the overly bloated Wordpad ;)

    --
    Cheers
    Anton

    AD., Apr 8, 2005
  4. AD. wrote:
    >>This turned up in a Google search, I thought it was so good I got it. I
    >>will even give a free copy to all Windows users wanting it.
    >>The BEST HTML EDITOR
    >>http://tinyurl.com/2fjt

    > I take issue with their claim...
    > "The Internet's most versatile HTML editor"
    > Maybe it would be if it could handle files with Unix line endings. Until
    > that time, I'm stuck with the overly bloated Wordpad ;)

    grab a copy of win32pad, it's a 69k download and is well worth it.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Apr 8, 2005
  5. Collector»NZ

    C9H8O4 Guest

    "Collector»NZ" <> wrote in message
    > This turned up in a Google search, I thought it was so good I got it. I
    > will even give a free copy to all Windows users wanting it.
    >
    > The BEST HTML EDITOR
    > http://tinyurl.com/2fjt
    > --
    > >>Follow ups may be set to a single group when appropriate!

    > Newsgroups
    > =----

    You gotta love those ultrafast download times. I'm waiting for them to
    release that cmd.exe DOS shell I've heard so much about ;)

    C9H8O4, Apr 8, 2005
  6. Collector»NZ

    -=rjh=- Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > AD. wrote:
    >
    >>> This turned up in a Google search, I thought it was so good I got it. I
    >>> will even give a free copy to all Windows users wanting it.
    >>> The BEST HTML EDITOR
    >>> http://tinyurl.com/2fjt

    >> I take issue with their claim...
    >> "The Internet's most versatile HTML editor"
    >> Maybe it would be if it could handle files with Unix line endings. Until
    >> that time, I'm stuck with the overly bloated Wordpad ;)

    > grab a copy of win32pad, it's a 69k download and is well worth it.

    Notepad2 does the job, heaps of syntax highlighting (including html,
    python, perl, etc - about 25 in total plus ability to customise your
    own), mac, unix and windows line endings, large files, heaps of features
    yet still easy to use and fast; and free.

    -=rjh=-, Apr 8, 2005
  7. Collector»NZ

    Enkidu Guest

    Collector»NZ wrote:
    > This turned up in a Google search, I thought it was so good I got it. I
    > will even give a free copy to all Windows users wanting it.
    >
    > The BEST HTML EDITOR
    > http://tinyurl.com/2fjt

    What's wrong with edlin?

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Apr 8, 2005
  8. Re: World's Most Compatible HTML editor

    In article <>,
    "AD." <> wrote:

    >Maybe it would be if it could handle files with Unix line endings.

    CR/LF is the Internet standard.

    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Apr 9, 2005
  9. Collector»NZ

    A.D. Guest

    -=rjh=- wrote:
    > Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    >>> I take issue with their claim...
    >>> "The Internet's most versatile HTML editor"
    >>> Maybe it would be if it could handle files with Unix line endings. Until
    >>> that time, I'm stuck with the overly bloated Wordpad ;)

    >> grab a copy of win32pad, it's a 69k download and is well worth it.

    > Notepad2 does the job, heaps of syntax highlighting (including html,
    > python, perl, etc - about 25 in total plus ability to customise your
    > own), mac, unix and windows line endings, large files, heaps of features
    > yet still easy to use and fast; and free.

    I like this version of NotePad better;
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/notepad-plus/

    A.D.

    A.D., Apr 9, 2005
  10. Collector»NZ

    Enkidu Guest

    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > "AD." <> wrote:
    >
    >>Maybe it would be if it could handle files with Unix line endings.

    > CR/LF is the Internet standard.

    Every browser I've used has had no problems with the Unix
    version. It's one area where all browsers behave the same.
    In fact, you can get "compressors" which remove all blank
    space and line endings and create a single undifferentiated
    blob of data and it still renders OK.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Apr 9, 2005
  11. Collector»NZ

    Rob J Guest

    Re: World's Most Compatible HTML editor

    In article <4257c467$> in nz.comp on Sun, 10 Apr
    2005 00:02:46 +1200, Enkidu <> says...
    > Lawrence D¹Oliveiro wrote:
    > > In article <>,
    > > "AD." <> wrote:
    > >
    > >>Maybe it would be if it could handle files with Unix line endings.

    > > CR/LF is the Internet standard.
    > >

    > Every browser I've used has had no problems with the Unix
    > version. It's one area where all browsers behave the same.
    > In fact, you can get "compressors" which remove all blank
    > space and line endings and create a single undifferentiated
    > blob of data and it still renders OK.

    You can create an entire web page in one very long line of HTML with no
    problems.

    Rob J, Apr 9, 2005
  12. Collector»NZ

    GJ Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > AD. wrote:
    >
    >>> This turned up in a Google search, I thought it was so good I got it. I
    >>> will even give a free copy to all Windows users wanting it.
    >>> The BEST HTML EDITOR
    >>> http://tinyurl.com/2fjt

    >> I take issue with their claim...
    >> "The Internet's most versatile HTML editor"
    >> Maybe it would be if it could handle files with Unix line endings. Until
    >> that time, I'm stuck with the overly bloated Wordpad ;)

    > grab a copy of win32pad, it's a 69k download and is well worth it.

    Or HTML-Kit http://www.chami.com/.

    GJ

    GJ, Apr 9, 2005
  13. Collector»NZ

    AD. Guest

    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > "AD." <> wrote:
    >

    >>Maybe it would be if it could handle files with Unix line endings.

    > CR/LF is the Internet standard.

    But they claimed:

    "Universal file format"

    "Easy to read presentation of all HTML data"

    "Compatible with all web formats in existence"

    "Compatible with all web formats not yet devised"

    I'm going to take them to court for false advertising. They'll have to
    refund my download costs.

    And they probably spread viruses on that website. When I clicked that
    link, I didn't get a download confirmation. They must've planted
    somethig in my browser.

    Where is "file:///C:" anyway? I bet it's one of those shonky 3rd world
    countries with expensive internet traffic. It's all part of their scam!

    --
    Cheers
    Anton

    AD., Apr 9, 2005
  14. Collector»NZ

    Bling-Bling Guest

    On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 07:56:21 +1200, GJ wrote:

    > Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >> AD. wrote:
    >>
    >> grab a copy of win32pad, it's a 69k download and is well worth it.

    > Or HTML-Kit http://www.chami.com/.
    >
    > GJ

    VI is an excellent html editor - and it formats the HTML automatically.

    No download required. Simply open an xterm window and type "vi".

    Bling Bling

    Bling-Bling, Apr 10, 2005
  15. Collector»NZ

    Bling-Bling Guest

    On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 09:58:51 +1200, AD. wrote:

    > Where is "file:///C:" anyway? I bet it's one of those shonky 3rd world
    > countries with expensive internet traffic. It's all part of their scam!

    Dunno - my browser cannot locate it. And doing a "whois" didn't help
    either:

    Whois Server Version 1.3

    Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
    with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
    for detailed information.

    No match for "FILE:///C:".

    ;o)

    Bling Bling

    Bling-Bling, Apr 10, 2005
  16. Collector»NZ

    AD. Guest

    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > "AD." <> wrote:
    >

    >>Maybe it would be if it could handle files with Unix line endings.

    > CR/LF is the Internet standard.

    OK serious answer this time :)

    That is true for the HTTP protocol (nothing to do with HTML), except in
    the entity body of text media types where all 3 line endings are allowed
    as long as they stay consistent. Section 3.7.1 of RFC 2616 - thanks for
    making me go look it up. I've learnt something new :)

    Being that the entity body is where the HTML lives, there is no
    requirement for HTML to use CR/LF. The HTML specs don't mention line
    endings at all as far as I can see.

    I'm not sure what this means for XHTML though as it isn't supposed to be
    sent with a text media type. I suspect it gets treated the same from an
    HTTP point of view.

    --
    Cheers
    Anton

    AD., Apr 10, 2005
  17. Collector»NZ

    AD. Guest

    AD. wrote:

    > I'm not sure what this means for XHTML though as it isn't supposed to be
    > sent with a text media type. I suspect it gets treated the same from an
    > HTTP point of view.

    OK I looked up XML as well:

    http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-xml-20040204/#sec-line-ends

    Apparently XML processors should accept all 3 line endings, but
    normalise their input to LF before parsing.

    Actually the reason I prefer LF over the others, is that I can edit
    files directly on the server with vi when I sometimes need to. And
    nearly all Windows text editors can cope with any line ending (except
    notepad of course), so it doesn't really get in anyone elses way.

    --
    Cheers
    Anton

    AD., Apr 10, 2005
  18. Re: World's Most Compatible HTML editor

    In article <WS26e.17405$>,
    "AD." <> wrote:

    >Lawrence D¹Oliveiro wrote:
    >> In article <>,
    >> "AD." <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Maybe it would be if it could handle files with Unix line endings.

    >> CR/LF is the Internet standard.

    >OK serious answer this time :)
    >
    >That is true for the HTTP protocol...

    It's true for *all* Internet protocols that transmit text, including
    FTP, SMTP, Telnet...

    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Apr 10, 2005
  19. Re: World's Most Compatible HTML editor

    In article <m536e.17412$>,
    "AD." <> wrote:

    >Actually the reason I prefer LF over the others, is that I can edit
    >files directly on the server with vi when I sometimes need to.

    Last I checked, vi can cope with all three line-ending conventions.

    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Apr 10, 2005
  20. Collector»NZ

    AD. Guest

    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro wrote:
    > In article <WS26e.17405$>,
    > "AD." <> wrote:
    >
    >>Lawrence D¹Oliveiro wrote:
    >>>CR/LF is the Internet standard.

    >>OK serious answer this time :)
    >>
    >>That is true for the HTTP protocol...

    > It's true for *all* Internet protocols that transmit text, including
    > FTP, SMTP, Telnet...

    But not for the web pages themselves eh? After all they are the bits
    edited by a text editor - not the protocols.

    --
    Cheers
    Anton

    AD., Apr 10, 2005