World's First Book on Professional Data Recovery Programming

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Author Tarun Tyagi, Nov 26, 2004.

  1. Hi!

    I am glad to introduce World's First Book on Professional Data
    Recovery Programming. Book also Includes a FREE CD, which contains
    complete Source Codes of all the software/Programs described within
    the book and may interesting tools

    You can see the contents of the book and order Online on following
    link:

    http://www.DataDoctor.biz/author.htm

    The Details of the Book are as follows:

    Title of the book: "Data Recovery with & without Programming"

    Author of the book: Tarun Tyagi
    Publishers of the book: BPB Publications, New Delhi, India

    Number of Pages: 540

    Size: (9.5 x 7.5 x 1.0) Inches
    ISBN: 81-7656-922-4

    Price: $ 69.00 (Including Shipping Charge, Cost of
    Book and Other expenses)

    Enjoy Reading!!

    Regards,

    Tarun Tyagi
    J-110, Patel Nagar - 1,
    Ghaziabad (U.P.), India -201001
    Cell: (+91)9868337762
    http://www.DataDoctor.Biz
    Author Tarun Tyagi, Nov 26, 2004

  2. Author Tarun Tyagi

    Jim Watt Guest

    On 26 Nov 2004 09:13:11 -0800, (Author Tarun
    Tyagi) wrote:

    >Hi!
    >
    >I am glad to introduce World's First Book on Professional Data
    >Recovery Programming. Book also Includes a FREE CD, which contains
    >complete Source Codes of all the software/Programs described within
    >the book and may interesting tools

    <snip>

    I think I would like to see a sample chapter and some more information
    online before shelling out $70 interesting although the subject may
    be.

    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com
    Jim Watt, Nov 26, 2004

  3. Author Tarun Tyagi

    Cory Seedan Guest

    On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 19:45:17 +0100, Jim Watt <_way>
    wrote:

    >On 26 Nov 2004 09:13:11 -0800, (Author Tarun
    >Tyagi) wrote:
    >
    >>Hi!
    >>
    >>I am glad to introduce World's First Book on Professional Data
    >>Recovery Programming. Book also Includes a FREE CD, which contains
    >>complete Source Codes of all the software/Programs described within
    >>the book and may interesting tools

    ><snip>
    >
    >I think I would like to see a sample chapter and some more information
    >online before shelling out $70 interesting although the subject may
    >be.

    I'm also a bit sceptical. As interesting as it may be, I definitely
    wouldn't pay $70US for it. "World's _First_ Book On...?" Hmmm...
    Where, and how many times, have I heard that claim before? <g>

    Skimming through his webpage and the table of contents it provides, it
    doesn't look like he offers much information that isn't freely
    available on the net or hasn't been covered in less expensive works.
    As far as software or as he says, "programming," I'd guess that he
    provides some simple programmes to demonstrate the various techniques,
    and samplings of useful scripts for use in recovery and system backup.

    At that price, I'd hope it would cover, at reasonable length, advanced
    recovery techniques not otherwise available. If the bean-counters
    where I work wanted to pay for it, I guess I wouldn't refuse a copy,
    but I wouldn't shell it out of my own pocket.

    Of course, I've been around since before Peter Norton ever created his
    infamous utilities and remember when he included a big book on disk
    drive theory inside the package. I might be over-critical...
    Cory Seedan, Nov 27, 2004
  4. Author Tarun Tyagi

    Born-again-Skeptic

    Joined:
    Jul 9, 2008
    Messages:
    1
    Stay Away

    Maybe someone else has had better luck than I have with www.datadoctor.biz and Tarun Tyagi, but I have had bad luck and thus am venting by writing this. Trying to use stuff from Tarun Tyagi to help me with data recovery problems has cost me money and time, yet only resulted in frustration. Top of the list of frustrations is buying their software, entering the software key they email you, then having that software key dissapear from the software and having them resolve the problem. I ended up paying for something that would let me run it because of authorization problems the company refused to resolve.

    Oh, as for the book, don't expect it to give good answers.
    Born-again-Skeptic, Jul 9, 2008