World's cheapest car headed for North America... The *rupeemobile*

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Tony, Mar 24, 2009.

  1. Tony

    Tony Guest

    The world's cheapest and most poorly made car is headed for North
    America. It's said it's a miracle if the car even makes it to the gas
    station for its' first fillup.
    http://www.wheels.ca/reviews/article/522948

    Any nibbles anyone, Chuck?

    --
    The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

    Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

    proper manners

    beyond the realm of understandability

    Tony, Mar 24, 2009

  2. Tony

    chuckcar Guest

    richard <> wrote in

    > On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 22:44:14 -0400, Tony <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>The world's cheapest and most poorly made car is headed for North
    >>America. It's said it's a miracle if the car even makes it to the gas
    >>station for its' first fillup.
    >>http://www.wheels.ca/reviews/article/522948
    >>
    >>Any nibbles anyone, Chuck?

    > Kind of reminds ya of the VW bug eh? The odd looks of the bug and yet
    > still clutters the highways after some 60+ years of production.

    When I left high school (at the end of the 70's) you could buy a brand new
    bug - in Canada - for $2,000. Now you couldn't legally drive it on the
    street.

    Ban airbags, suspend licences of 3rd time offenders of seatbelt laws.
    Allow cars to be street legal with *more* than two point harnesses.

    The solution is obvious to all but politicians.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Mar 24, 2009

  3. Tony

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 21:05:27 +0000 (UTC), chuckcar <>
    wrote:

    >When I left high school (at the end of the 70's)

    You obviously left for reasons other than graduating....

    Evan Platt, Mar 24, 2009
  4. richard wrote:
    > On Mon, 23 Mar 2009 22:44:14 -0400, Tony <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> The world's cheapest and most poorly made car is headed for North
    >> America. It's said it's a miracle if the car even makes it to the gas
    >> station for its' first fillup.
    >> http://www.wheels.ca/reviews/article/522948
    >>
    >> Any nibbles anyone, Chuck?

    > Kind of reminds ya of the VW bug eh? The odd looks of the bug and yet
    > still clutters the highways after some 60+ years of production.
    >
    > Basically, the nano is a motorcyle with four wheels.
    > Which has been tried many times before.

    Not quite. Top speed 65mph. Two cylinder engine. Not legal in the US due
    to lack of safety devices. It more of a Yugo.

    --
    http://www.palindeception.com/
    http://palinpics4truth.blogspot.com

    §ñühw¤£f, Mar 24, 2009
  5. Tony

    G. Morgan Guest

    chuckcar wrote:

    >When I left high school (at the end of the 70's)

    When did you start, in the 50's?

    >you could buy a brand new
    >bug - in Canada - for $2,000. Now you couldn't legally drive it on the
    >street.

    Bullshit. Show me a law that says you can't drive a late 70's VW Bug on your
    public streets.

    >Ban airbags,

    Ban airbags?!

    Why on Earth would you want to ban airbags? Last time I checked they save
    lives.

    >suspend licences of 3rd time offenders of seatbelt laws.

    Eh, whatever. I always use my seatbelt.

    >Allow cars to be street legal with *more* than two point harnesses.

    So, a vehicle with a 5 pt. restraint system is not street legal? Again,
    you'll need to provide some proof.

    >The solution is obvious to all but politicians.

    What is the problem?

    G. Morgan, Mar 24, 2009
  6. Tony

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 23:30:31 +0000 (UTC), G. Morgan
    <> wrote:

    >chuckcar wrote:
    >
    >>When I left high school (at the end of the 70's)

    >When did you start, in the 50's?

    No... Chucktard just never finished. :-D

    Evan Platt, Mar 24, 2009
  7. Tony

    OldGringo Guest

    Two Cents To The richard Post:
    > On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 16:27:25 -0700, §ñühw¤£f <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> richard wrote:

    >>> Kind of reminds ya of the VW bug eh? The odd looks of the bug and yet
    >>> still clutters the highways after some 60+ years of production.
    >>>
    >>> Basically, the nano is a motorcyle with four wheels.
    >>> Which has been tried many times before.
    >>>

    >> Not quite. Top speed 65mph. Two cylinder engine. Not legal in the US due
    >> to lack of safety devices. It more of a Yugo.

    > Duh. I don't think I've ever seen a 3 or 4 cylinder motorcycle engine.
    > Snowmobiles have 3 cylinders.
    >
    > However, Triumph did come out with one that had 3 cylinders.

    What about the Honda CBX inline 6 cylinder?

    --
    Old Gringo
    Just West Of Nowhere

    OldGringo, Mar 25, 2009
  8. Tony

    M.L. Guest

    >>> Not quite. Top speed 65mph. Two cylinder engine. Not legal in the US due
    >>> to lack of safety devices. It more of a Yugo.

    "The company is now designing a version of the Nano that meets U.S.
    safety and emissions standards and should be ready for launch in about
    three years, Tata said."

    These are not good times to introduce competition to the beleaguered
    American car companies. Congress will legislate it out of existence
    even if they do comply with American street standards.

    M.L., Mar 25, 2009
  9. Tony

    Aardvark Guest

    Re: World's cheapest car headed for North America... The*rupeemobile*

    On Tue, 24 Mar 2009 22:35:19 -0400, richard wrote:

    > Duh. I don't think I've ever seen a 3 or 4 cylinder motorcycle engine.

    How about that classic from thirty years ago,the Honda 400-4? Vincent
    here in the UK was building four-cylinder motorcycles in the forties and
    fifties,if not earlier. The Ariel Square 4 (the hint is in the name)
    <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ariel_Square_Four>, Suzuki GT-750 (I think)
    was liquid-cooled and had four pots.

    Those are just a few off the top of my head- I dare say there are plenty
    more.

    Aardvark, Mar 25, 2009
  10. Tony

    Jordon Guest

    richard wrote:

    > I don't think I've ever seen a 3 or 4 cylinder motorcycle engine.

    You must be walking around with your eyes closed.

    --
    Jordon

    Jordon, Mar 25, 2009
  11. richard wrote:

    > Duh. I don't think I've ever seen a 3 or 4 cylinder motorcycle engine.

    My first 4-cyl motorcycle was a 1969 Honda CB750. I currently have a 23
    year old BMW K75S in the garage, with an engine of three cylinders that
    are longitudinal in line, lying on its side with the pistons pointing to
    the left.

    Honda Gold Wings started as opposed flat-fours, and switched to sixes
    some years ago. There was a Moto Guzzi with a 500cc V8 engine. In 1955.

    > Snowmobiles have 3 cylinders.

    Though some are singles, twins, and fours.

    > However, Triumph did come out with one that had 3 cylinders.

    ...and that was back in 1975. Google "1975 Triumph Trident"
    BSA had a similar model.

    Stick to trucks.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 25, 2009
  12. Tony

    Scraggy Guest

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > richard wrote:

    >> However, Triumph did come out with one that had 3 cylinders.

    > ..and that was back in 1975. Google "1975 Triumph Trident"
    > BSA had a similar model.
    >
    > Stick to trucks.

    <cough>
    http://www.triumph.co.uk/uk/Triumph_Speed_Triple_7755.aspx

    members. Groucho Marx

    Scraggy, Mar 26, 2009
  13. Scraggy wrote:

    > Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >> richard wrote:
    >>> However, Triumph did come out with one that had 3 cylinders.

    >> ..and that was back in 1975. Google "1975 Triumph Trident"
    >> BSA had a similar model.
    >>
    >> Stick to trucks.

    > <cough>
    > http://www.triumph.co.uk/uk/Triumph_Speed_Triple_7755.aspx

    Sure. Nice motorbike, a friend has one. Why the <cough> though - or what
    that to be a reply to richard?

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Mar 26, 2009
  14. Tony

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2009-03-26, Beauregard T. Shagnasty <> wrote:
    > Scraggy wrote:
    >
    >> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    >>>
    >>> ..and that was back in 1975. Google "1975 Triumph Trident"
    >>> BSA had a similar model.
    >>>
    >>> Stick to trucks.

    >> <cough>
    >> http://www.triumph.co.uk/uk/Triumph_Speed_Triple_7755.aspx

    > Sure. Nice motorbike, a friend has one. Why the <cough> though - or what
    > that to be a reply to richard?

    I think he's been riding with his mouth open.

    --
    -- Whiskers

    Whiskers, Mar 26, 2009