World First Digital Rangefinder Camera - [Epson Digital R-D1] Japanese

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Bunny, Jun 21, 2004.

  1. Bunny

    Bunny Guest

    Bunny, Jun 21, 2004

  2. Interesting ....and innovative. What is that lever in the top left corner of
    the shot? My digital doesn't have that and I am wondering if I need it?

    Gene Palmiter, Jun 21, 2004

  3. OK...I thought this was a joke...an old photo of a film camera to see who
    would bite. But I blew it up and it does say digital and it does have a film
    advance. Very strange.

    Gene Palmiter, Jun 21, 2004
  4. "Gene Palmiter" <> wrote in message
    > Interesting ....and innovative. What is that lever in the top left corner

    of
    > the shot? My digital doesn't have that and I am wondering if I need it?

    Powers the generator. Retro cameras don't use batteries.

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan

    David J. Littleboy, Jun 21, 2004
  5. Bunny

    BluDog Guest

    BluDog, Jun 21, 2004
  6. Bunny

    Tony Spadaro Guest

    It's another POS from the Cosina factory. They didn't even bother to put a
    servo on the shutter so it still needs a thumb lever. Not that the
    Panoson--- err Leica digital is any better. Film companies that can't even
    modernize their bodies before plunking a sensor inside are not going to gain
    much marketplace.

    --
    http://www.chapelhillnoir.com
    home of The Camera-ist's Manifesto

    Tony Spadaro, Jun 21, 2004
  7. It was shown February 14, 2004 at the PMA show. It was discussed here at
    that time. Not really news anymore
    ;)

    Darrell Larose, Jun 21, 2004
  8. Bunny

    Mark B. Guest

    "Bunny" <> wrote in message
    > World First Digital Rangefinder Camera - [Epson Digital R-D1] Japanese
    > preview with samples
    > Enjoy.
    >
    > http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2004/0621/dcr016.htm

    This is destined to be a collector's item for aficionados.

    Mark

    Mark B., Jun 21, 2004
  9. Bunny

    Big Bill Guest

    Big Bill, Jun 21, 2004
  10. Bunny

    Phil Wheeler Guest

    Phil Wheeler, Jun 22, 2004
  11. In article <7XXBc.59252$>, w6tuh-
    says...
    > I wonder what the film advance lever does?
    >
    > Phil

    For the Japanese market, it will make the sound of a rooster.

    Brian C. Baird, Jun 22, 2004
  12. Bunny

    Guest

    In message <7XXBc.59252$>,
    Phil Wheeler <> wrote:

    >I wonder what the film advance lever does?

    Supplies stored energy to operate the shutter.
    --

    <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<>
    John P Sheehy <>
    ><<> <>>< <>>< ><<> <>>< ><<> ><<> <>><

    , Jun 22, 2004
  13. Bunny

    Big Bill Guest

    On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 15:07:47 GMT, Phil Wheeler <>
    wrote:

    >Big Bill wrote:
    >
    >> On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 14:59:02 +0800, "Bunny" <>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>>World First Digital Rangefinder Camera - [Epson Digital R-D1] Japanese
    >>>preview with samples
    >>>Enjoy.
    >>>
    >>>http://pc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/2004/0621/dcr016.htm
    >>>

    >> http://www.dpreview.com/news/0403/04031101epsonrd1.asp
    >> This one is in English :)
    >>

    >I wonder what the film advance lever does?
    >
    >Phil

    It cocks the shutter.

    Bill Funk
    Change "g" to "a"