    thanks for ur consideration...

    regards
    rmr
    rmr, Jan 27, 2006

  2. rmr

    Brian Abbott Guest

    BT Meridian 61C <-> Asterisk

    Hi All

    We've recently moved into an office complex run by the local Quango
    'Business Innovation Centre', where all POTS comms is run through a BT
    Meridian 61C.

    So, we have 2 POTS analog lines from the Meridian connected to an
    Asterisk box for incoming calls. All is OK, apart from the fact that
    (contrary to what we were assured before we moved in - but that's
    another story!) it appears that the Meridian cannot deliver incoming
    caller ID on an analog line 8-(

    To get CID we need to connect to a digital output from the meridian -
    and there's where I need some advice from the experts here ...

    What's the cheapest / most reliable method of doing this? (Is a digital
    feed from the BT Meridian 61C the same as an ISDN 2e, or different?)
    (Do we need a BRI, or can a normal ISDN router do the job?)

    Thanks in advance

    Brian Abbott
    Brian Abbott, Jan 27, 2006