    see the internet. I have not tweaked the firewall settings oin the laptop,
    but I must have something goofed up.

    Help, please!
    =?Utf-8?B?cnNhdWVyYnJ1bg==?=, Oct 30, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?cnNhdWVyYnJ1bg==?=

    mikeBNF Guest

    usual problem with sp2, does the wireless in, mostly down to incorrect
    drivers or un signed drivers, check the makers website for the card.
    also, ditch windows (xp) firewall, it does not protect against outgoing
    'call home' or mailer virus, use za free or WHY.

    mike

    "rsauerbrun" <> wrote in message
    > I have a Linksys WAP that supports 4 PCs with wire, and two laptops that

    are
    > wireless. I recently updated one laptop with SP2 and turned on the Windows
    > Firewall. Everything seems fine, however, when the laptop is wireless, I

    can
    > no longer access the internet. When I plug in an ethernet cable, voila, I

    can
    > see the internet. I have not tweaked the firewall settings oin the laptop,
    > but I must have something goofed up.
    >
    > Help, please!

    ---
    mikeBNF, Oct 30, 2004

  3. Thanks, Mike. I did go to HP and download the latest drivers for my 9010, but
    no help. Any other ideas? And thanks for the advise on the firewall.

    =?Utf-8?B?cnNhdWVyYnJ1bg==?=, Oct 30, 2004
  4. =?Utf-8?B?cnNhdWVyYnJ1bg==?=

    Jack Guest

    Hi
    Try to switch off WZC, and use Linksys recent drivers and Util for Card's
    configuration.
    Wireless - BasicSecurity: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack, Oct 30, 2004