    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    I have also added a second fan on the rad so I have push/pull config to help maximise airflow through this wide radiator.
    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 26, 2005

  2. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    nice. i need to get two of those Radiators :D
    unholy, Sep 26, 2005

  3. RObErT_RaTh

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I would....

    ...completely cut out the fan grill area. Leave just enough to support the fan screws. I like the case selection - Cooler Master makes the best stuff for the money. The front grill looks like you have a case with excellent air intake, until you see that internal restrictive fan grill. :captain:
    Oops. Now that I've looked at your pictures, I see you marked that whole area for termination. Good job!
    bigal, Sep 26, 2005
  4. RObErT_RaTh

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Re: I would....

    Bingo ;)
    I am only going to leave a bit around the edges for the mounting and take away everything else without weakening the entire structure too much.
    And yes the front grill on the bezel is PERFECT for this application with the 120mm fan, cool fresh air here I come :D
    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 26, 2005
  5. RObErT_RaTh

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    Are you gonna enter it in that Worklog competition from AC ryan?
    XhArD, Sep 26, 2005
  6. RObErT_RaTh

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Only if I can get the money in time to do something decent to it :?
    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 26, 2005
  7. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    make a Mold on the Front :D
    unholy, Sep 26, 2005
  8. RObErT_RaTh

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    A mold of what for what?
    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 26, 2005
  9. RObErT_RaTh

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    How about...

    A mold of our "Scapegoat of the Month" coming out of the closet.... :p
    bigal, Sep 27, 2005
  10. RObErT_RaTh

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Hmmmmm, can't say I'm gonna mold that on there :?
    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 27, 2005
  11. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    lol, mold ur face onto it :p, then no one can say its their case :p
    unholy, Sep 27, 2005
  12. RObErT_RaTh

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    I already did that on the Necronomicase, took wire mesh and moulded it over my face then sculpted it out in polymer clay and put it on the front bottom of the case. DAMN I wish I could find the pics. I'll hunt more, if I find 'em I'll post 'em.
    The Modfather, Sep 27, 2005
  13. RObErT_RaTh

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    I finished it up today. I marked out the area to be cut away then drilled holes and finished up with the jigsaw. First time round just getting rid of the main bit then second time cutting a lot closer to the edge. I then used a grinding stone drill bit attachment to take off some sharp edges and then covered it with some old split shielding from a power cord (ghetto I know).
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Overall I think it turned out well and now I am set to put in the complete water cooling setup :D
    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 27, 2005
  14. RObErT_RaTh

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    cool. nicely done :)
    XhArD, Sep 27, 2005
  15. RObErT_RaTh

    bigal

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    1,483
    Location:
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Looks good...

    ...I would paint the area just above the fan a black color, because you can see it through the mesh of the front panel. That should only take a few minutes - just cover it and don't worry about a nice shiny coat. 10 minute job.... 8)
    bigal, Sep 27, 2005
  16. RObErT_RaTh

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Cheers :D
    And I will be painting the whole chassis black later ;)
    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 27, 2005
  17. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    nice. one question... what happened to ur dremel???
    if u say u dont have enough money u can just buy the Drill bit pieces and Cut that way :p
    Looking good man, i would replace the Blue Sleeve with EL Wire :D, or put el wire over it :D
    unholy, Sep 27, 2005
  18. RObErT_RaTh

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    I had a dremel?? WHEN OMG GIMME!
    I DID buy the grinding stone drill bit attachment ;)
    Blue sleeve? There is no blue sleeving :? Anyways this mod is going to be themed black and green when it is complete and ALL my other cables are sleeved and green UV reactive so I am going to use some of this sleeving on the fan cables aswell when I get a chance :)
    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 27, 2005
  19. RObErT_RaTh

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Location:
    Australia
    yes Tottaly it makes them look sweet, i sleeved all the Cables in my computer. theres nothing like a good Sleeved cables case :D(only on it not sleeved, the Sata cable :p
    unholy, Sep 28, 2005
  20. RObErT_RaTh

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    A little wire management wouldn't go astray for me either :( When I put my 80GB HDD in last night, i put the whole thing back together, turned it on and heard wires getting eaten by my window fan :( took it apart, moved some wires, all good now.
    XhArD, Sep 28, 2005