    XP units so the Vista one can see it. Firewalls are off, as a side
    question, do I need the firewalls turned on for my pc's that are behind
    a router (Linksys).

    Mark, Oct 14, 2007

  2. For easy browsing network computers, it is better to have all computers in
    the same workgroup. To change workgroup, right click on the My Computer,
    select Properties>Computer Name>Change.

    --
    Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
    http://www.ChicagoTech.net

    Robert L \(MS-MVP\), Oct 14, 2007

  3. Hi
    Yes you need Software Firewall (as well as Antivirus and Antispyware
    applications) on each computer.
    The Router NAT Firewall is a very basic income only protection.
    More here - Internet Basic protection, http://www.ezlan.net/firewall.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Oct 14, 2007