    The desktop is visible in the network map and the laptop shares can be
    accessed from the desktop.

    I have to say that this has me stumped and any help would be appreciated.
    thirdman, Jan 1, 2010

  2. Hi
    Make sure that the wire is disconnected when you use the Wireless.
    Is it possible that the wire and the wireless present different users to the
    system?
    If it so make sure that both users are allowed.
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking).

    Jack [MVP-Networking], Jan 1, 2010

  3. thirdman

    thirdman Guest

    Thanks for the responses.

    The firewall settings and user should be the same as the laptop is
    disconnected from the router and the wireless switched on while still logged
    in.

    thirdman, Jan 2, 2010