    all the workstations to AD and let all the users start
    logging on to the domain?

    Thanks.

    scott, Jan 26, 2004

  2. You cannot "add" a DC to a workgroup. Once you have built a DC you can join
    the workstations to the new domain.

    --

    Thanks,
    Marc Reynolds

    Marc Reynolds [MSFT], Jan 26, 2004

  3. scott

    scott Guest

    Ok, would it be best to go that route or to add a member
    server to a workgroup and then promote it to a DC?

    confers no rights.

    scott, Jan 26, 2004
  4. scott

    Dan Guest

    I'm with Marc on this one. If you're going to go through
    the effort of setting up a DC, you might as well set up
    the basics of the domain (AD, DNS, DHCP, etc.) on this
    machine and then add you workgroup machines to the domain
    once the controller is up and running. You're going to
    have to add the workgroups machines to the domain anyway,
    even if you set up your DC as a 'member' server of the
    workgroup and then promote it.

    and

    Dan, Jan 28, 2004