    Can anyone tell me how to find the password or better still how to set the
    workgroup up again from scratch?
    Thank you

    Stewart, Feb 19, 2011

  2. Stewart

    Stewart Guest

    Further to above I find that using the workgroup settings I can access the
    "default" and "Public" files and folders in the laptop from the desktop but
    not vice versa; the laptop still asks me for the user name and password
    before it will allow access to the desktop files.

    Stewart, Feb 19, 2011

  3. Stewart

    Stewart Guest

    Am pleased to say that I have got it cracked - used Microsoft's Mr Fix It
    and that did the job.

    Stewart, Feb 20, 2011