    its printers. The laptop only sees itself. When I click on "View Workgroup
    Computers", the laptop only shows itself. I am open to all suggestions.
    Thanks in advance.

    =?Utf-8?B?SHVubmljdXR0?=, Aug 16, 2006

  2. Hi
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    to be shared.
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Aug 17, 2006

  3. I hate to seem dense, but sometimes there's no way around it. I have read
    the suggested material, but find nothing that would account for the client
    (laptop) only responding with itself when I click on "View Workgroup
    Computers". Any additional suggestions would be welcome. Thank you.

    =?Utf-8?B?SHVubmljdXR0?=, Aug 17, 2006
  4. Dude,

    Open up Control Panel, System, Computer Name. Click the "Network ID" button
    and finish this wizard. Next, make sure your laptop has the same workgroup
    name as the other computers in your network and that should fix things after
    you reboot.

    -A

    =?Utf-8?B?QWxpYXM=?=, Aug 18, 2006