Workgroup and Server Domain

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by =?Utf-8?B?S2V2aW4gR2Fs?=, Apr 7, 2005.

  1. I am a memeber of a ServerDomain, can I also be a memeber of a peer to peer
    work group at Home (this is a laptop)? Windows XP Pro ... Thanks Kevin
    =?Utf-8?B?S2V2aW4gR2Fs?=, Apr 7, 2005

  2. Hi Kevin,

    If you are a member of a domain, you can still access folders on other
    workgroups, you just need to enter a username and password which is valid on
    the computer you are connecting to.

    For example, if you are connecting to a shared folder on a workgroup
    computer using Windows Explorer, select 'Map Network Drive' from the Tools
    menu. This should create a dialog box which will allow you to enter the
    driver letter and shared folder name. There is also a line saying 'Connect
    using a different user name.' If you click on the underlined text, you can
    enter a username and password which should be valid on the computer the
    share is on.

    Thanks,
    Chris Gual [MSFT]

    Chris Gual [MSFT], Apr 7, 2005