Work Flow and Process for using Lab Processing

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by LuvLatins, Oct 14, 2007.

  1. LuvLatins

    LuvLatins Guest

    Hello Guys. After a great deal of thinking about how to best print my
    pictures from my Nikon D200 I have decided to try the following and am
    curious if the following is the work flow I should use. I pruchased a
    Huey Pantone color calibration device for my monitor. I am using the
    latest version of Photoshop CS3 and this is how I think I should do
    it.

    (1) Calibrate the monitor using the Huey
    (2) Shoot the pictures in RAW format
    (3) Edit in Photshop and Adobe Bridge using the RAW Plugin

    Now here is the question How do I save the RAW image when I am done
    working on it. TIFF JPG and what color space should I use in the
    camera and in Photoshop ?

    Finally upload to a lab and pick them up.

    I was oringally going to buy a R1800 printer but after more thought a
    professional lab seems better and less of a hassle. I am testing
    Costco today and will let you know what I think.

    Thoughts suggestions Welcome
    LuvLatins, Oct 14, 2007