    anyone using agent news reader, can you tell me how to apply
    word wrap. Reading R C's message I have to scroll way over
    to the right.
    Kue2, Jun 30, 2010

  2. hang on, I've called in the Agent expert - Barb. Should be here shortly. I
    did run agent for a while, as a test, but have gone back to WinMail, even
    though I had to hack it to get it working.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 30, 2010

  3. Kue2

    Barb Bowman Guest

    what version Agent? I use 6.0.
    most likely you should use the View menu, then select Word Wrap.

    RC's messages wrap fine for me..

    On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 13:46:03 -0400, "Kue2" <> wrote:

    >anyone using agent news reader, can you tell me how to apply
    >word wrap. Reading R C's message I have to scroll way over
    >to the right.

    Barb Bowman
    MS-MVP
    http://www.digitalmediaphile.com
    http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.com
    Barb Bowman, Jun 30, 2010
  4. Kue2

    Kue2 Guest

    Thks Barb
    I'm using 2.0, still works fine. Had to locate it on some
    old saved files.
    The help file would not load, so I d/led the fix for help from Microsoft
    Windows Help program (WinHlp32.exe) for Windows 7
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...W8z68OsaKJ4fo6APcvv0M2/rv3jdKn/aFJhEX2EITlg==

    Got it working now, once I got the help going it was easy.
    The "old" stand by once again fired up.....

    Kue2, Jun 30, 2010
  5. Kue2

    Barb Bowman Guest

    I set up eternal...
    IMPORTANT tip for Agent 6.0 users

    Agent 6.0 defaults to 10 connections to each server - this doesn't work with
    Eternal. Set it down to 4. This works flawlessly.

    Barb Bowman, Jun 30, 2010
  6. Kue2

    barb bowman Guest

    Agent users - check the agent.ini in the directory where your data files are
    located. eternal looks like the following. I have altered the username with
    XXX's and the Password (which Agent encrypts) I've altered to all ****.

    I will post this from eternal....

    <Server>
    <Uid>15</Uid>
    <Name>eternal-september</Name>
    <Host>news.eternal-september.org</Host>
    <UseSsl>false</UseSsl>
    <UseCustomPort>false</UseCustomPort>
    <Port>119</Port>
    <LoginProtocol>1</LoginProtocol>
    <Username>xxxxxxxxxx</Username>
    <SavePassword>true</SavePassword>
    <Password>************</Password>
    <MaxChannels>4</MaxChannels>
    <PriorityChannels>1</PriorityChannels>
    <RecordGaps>true</RecordGaps>
    <ListgroupBusted>false</ListgroupBusted>
    <XHdrOnly>false</XHdrOnly>
    <BinSearch>false</BinSearch>
    <CompressedHeaders>false</CompressedHeaders>
    <XHdrForCompressed>true</XHdrForCompressed>
    <AutoDisconnect>true</AutoDisconnect>
    <IdleTimeout>300</IdleTimeout>
    <SendKeepAliveMsgs>false</SendKeepAliveMsgs>
    <KeepAlivePeriod>60</KeepAlivePeriod>
    <Enabled>true</Enabled>
    <New>true</New>
    <AutoAdjustMaxChannels>true</AutoAdjustMaxChannels>
    <LastRetrievalDate>30.June.2010 19:26:22 hrs</LastRetrievalDate>
    </Server>

    barb bowman, Jun 30, 2010