    Same problem. I had similar problems when I installed X3. A Google
    search shows that I'm not the only one with this problem, but no
    solution. Any ideas? Thanks.

    Scribner, Jan 3, 2009

  2. Scribner

    Guest

    Scribner <> wrote:

    >I just installed WP X4. ONLY WordPerfect. I'm running Windows Vista
    >Ultimate SP-1. When I tried to launch WP I get the following error
    >message: "WordPerfect has not been installed correctly." So I
    >repaired the installation. Same problem. So I uninstalled and
    >re-installed the program. Same problem. Then I installed the update.
    >Same problem. I had similar problems when I installed X3. A Google
    >search shows that I'm not the only one with this problem, but no
    >solution. Any ideas? Thanks.

    I don't use vista.

    It sounds a lot like a security problem built into vista, that your
    not getting a requester for.

    Google on how to disable - install only if you can - the security.

    Still having problems.

    It takes a bit of knowledge but Process Monitor
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx will
    show the problem, you'll just have to find it. (Filter to monitor the
    install and nothing else)
    --

    Something for your front yard - from overstock.com
    http://tinyurl.com/62man3

    , Jan 3, 2009

  3. Scribner

    BILLINE Guest

    BILLINE, Jan 4, 2009
  4. Scribner

    BILLINE Guest

    WOW, I didn't realise that there still users using WordPerfect.
    I am still holding onto those version from the FLOPPY DISK era.
    Then there's WORDSTAR 2000, DOS 3.1, QUICK C, VENTURA PUB,

    Cheerio

    BILLINE, Jan 4, 2009
  5. Scribner

    Scribner Guest

    You have a newer version of Wordstar than mine.

    BTW, I'm using .elm right now.

    Scribner, Jan 7, 2009
  6. Scribner

    Scribner Guest

    On Wed, 7 Jan 2009 02:49:25 -0800, "Mike Easter" <>
    wrote:

    >Scribner wrote:
    >> I just installed WP X4. ONLY WordPerfect. I'm running Windows Vista
    >> Ultimate SP-1. When I tried to launch WP I get the following error
    >> message: "WordPerfect has not been installed correctly."

    >According to WPU wordperfectuniverse guru Martin, "WPX4 and WPX3 (when
    >patched) should work under Vista"
    >
    >WPU front page http://www.wpuniverse.com/ one of the most popular
    >WordPerfect Office users groups on the Web.
    >
    >WPU forum http://www.wpuniverse.com/vb/ the forums' FAQ should answer
    >most of your questions about registering and using the forums

    Thank you.

    Scribner, Jan 8, 2009