Wordperfect 7....Help....

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Bigbazza, Jan 31, 2004.

  1. Bigbazza

    Bigbazza Guest

    Hi there...I am re-mailing this for a fellow (in this case a very nice
    Senior Lady)...in another newsgroup...She cannot get this group from her
    ISP....Can anyone offer some assistance..Please....This lady is Yoj from....
    alt.sixtyplus...You may reply there also if you have it on your server...

    Bigbazza(Barry)..Oz

    I have been using Word Perfect 7 for years, with Windows 98. It has
    always worked fine until last night, when it crashed several times when
    I tried to use it. I rebooted several times, and now I can't even open
    it. I get an error message saying there is a missing DLL file
    (G170.DLL). I looked through my software, but all I could find was an
    unnumbered version of Novell Word Perfect, on 10 disks, with a date of
    1994, and a CD of Word Perfect Office 2000, which I never downloaded. I
    believe this was because
    in the past when I upgraded, I wasn't always able to take my files with
    me. I have quite a few files, which have not been backed up recently.
    :-(

    I visited Corel's website, but they don't address anything older than WP
    9.

    Does anybody know of any way I can download that missing DLL file? If
    not, do you know of any other way I can retrieve my files?

    Joy
    Bigbazza, Jan 31, 2004

  2. Bigbazza wrote:
    > Hi there...I am re-mailing this for a fellow (in this case a very nice
    > Senior Lady)...in another newsgroup...She cannot get this group from her
    > ISP....Can anyone offer some assistance..Please....This lady is Yoj from....
    > alt.sixtyplus...You may reply there also if you have it on your server...
    >
    > Bigbazza(Barry)..Oz

    Here's one suggestion:
    http://experts.about.com/q/1057/509143.htm

    --
    Bill
    Bill Schnakenberg, Jan 31, 2004

  3. Bigbazza

    Bigbazza Guest

    "Bill Schnakenberg" <> wrote in message
    > Bigbazza wrote:
    > > Hi there...I am re-mailing this for a fellow (in this case a very nice
    > > Senior Lady)...in another newsgroup...She cannot get this group from her
    > > ISP....Can anyone offer some assistance..Please....This lady is Yoj

    from....
    > > alt.sixtyplus...You may reply there also if you have it on your

    server...

    > > Bigbazza(Barry)..Oz

    > Here's one suggestion:
    > http://experts.about.com/q/1057/509143.htm
    >

    > > I have been using Word Perfect 7 for years, with Windows 98. It has
    > > always worked fine until last night, when it crashed several times when
    > > I tried to use it. I rebooted several times, and now I can't even open
    > > it. I get an error message saying there is a missing DLL file
    > > (G170.DLL). I looked through my software, but all I could find was an
    > > unnumbered version of Novell Word Perfect, on 10 disks, with a date of
    > > 1994, and a CD of Word Perfect Office 2000, which I never downloaded. I
    > > believe this was because
    > > in the past when I upgraded, I wasn't always able to take my files with
    > > me. I have quite a few files, which have not been backed up recently.
    > > :-(
    > >
    > > I visited Corel's website, but they don't address anything older than WP
    > > 9.
    > >
    > > Does anybody know of any way I can download that missing DLL file? If
    > > not, do you know of any other way I can retrieve my files?
    > >
    > > Joy
    > >

    > --
    > Bill

    Thanks Bill...I'll pass it along to her on the Group..

    Bigbazza(Barry)..Oz
    Bigbazza, Feb 1, 2004