    megabucks for Acrobat, so I thought I'd see what you guys all think.

    --
    Australia - the GREAT Southern Land
    Dan Edmonds, Jun 24, 2003

  2. Dan Edmonds

    Bones Guest

    "Dan Edmonds" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I've been in this group for a fortnight now, and you guys seem to be a
    > pretty clued-up bunch. I'm looking to upgrade my Office suite, and
    > stumbled across this page: http://www.wpvsword.com/wp11vsword11
    >
    > It all looks pretty straight-up, but the guy's obviously a fan, so I
    > kinda want to hear the other side. This WordPerfect is a hell of a lot
    > cheaper than Word, and I
    > like the idea of a built-in PDF thing, without having to shell out
    > megabucks for Acrobat, so I thought I'd see what you guys all think.
    >
    > --
    > Australia - the GREAT Southern Land

    Word Perfect has reveal codes- you can see all those hidden codes( font
    changes, tab marks, etc) that you can't in Word. It will open Word files so
    that you read anyuthing sent you.
    Go for it !
    Vic
    Bones, Jun 24, 2003

  3. Dan Edmonds

    The Freek Guest

    The Freek, Jun 24, 2003
  4. Dan Edmonds

    Joseph N. Guest

    On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 14:32:24 GMT, The Freek wrote in

    > What about Lotus WordPro?

    I'll second that. I've tried them all. They're all pretty good, and
    have different strengths and limitations. But I think Word Pro tops
    them all in functionality, stability, and even ease of use.
    Joseph N., Jun 25, 2003
  5. Dan Edmonds

    Dan Edmonds Guest

    "The Freek" <> wrote in message news:<YhZJa.2753$>...
    > What about Lotus WordPro?
    >
    > Free pdf converter: http://www.itforcharities.co.uk/reviews/pdf995.htm
    > (review)
    > http://download.com.com/3000-2166-10068482.html?part=altavista&subj=dlpage&tag=search (download)

    Thanks mate. That 995 thing doesn't do PDF conversion of bookmarks and
    internal hyperlinks, though, and WP11 does, or so it says. I've also
    discovered that you can get a 30 day trial of WP11, so I think I'll
    give that one a go and see how it turns out.

    --
    Australia - the GREAT Southern Land
    Dan Edmonds, Jun 25, 2003