WordPad Transfer Please

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Brad, Dec 18, 2006.

  1. Brad

    Brad Guest

    Hi,

    I tried to purchase or download Microsoft's "WordPad" for Windows 98 so
    I can install it on my Windows 95 laptop, but it isn't available. It comes
    with "new" computers. I have a "System Restore" CD for my wife's Win 98
    computer (has WordPad), but WordPad is embedded as separate components
    ("WORDPAD.EXE", "WORDPAD.HLP", etc.) in a .CAB file on this "System Restore"
    CD. I copied the WordPad files to the same locations, but there is an "export
    link" error resulting from a .DLL file (forgot which one) that didn't have the
    proper "link".

    I tried Control Panel's "Add/Remove" software, but it didn't "work" (didn't
    present me with the option of installing "WordPad" from the CD rom). I assume
    it is part of a "string" of aps that get installed by the "installer".

    How can I transfer WordPad on to a computer that doesn't have it?

    Thanks in advance, Brad

    be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.

    Brad, Dec 18, 2006

  2. Brad

    Sjouke Burry Guest

    Brad wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I tried to purchase or download Microsoft's "WordPad" for Windows 98 so
    > I can install it on my Windows 95 laptop, but it isn't available. It comes
    > with "new" computers. I have a "System Restore" CD for my wife's Win 98
    > computer (has WordPad), but WordPad is embedded as separate components
    > ("WORDPAD.EXE", "WORDPAD.HLP", etc.) in a .CAB file on this "System Restore"
    > CD. I copied the WordPad files to the same locations, but there is an "export
    > link" error resulting from a .DLL file (forgot which one) that didn't have the
    > proper "link".
    >
    > I tried Control Panel's "Add/Remove" software, but it didn't "work" (didn't
    > present me with the option of installing "WordPad" from the CD rom). I assume
    > it is part of a "string" of aps that get installed by the "installer".
    >
    > How can I transfer WordPad on to a computer that doesn't have it?
    >
    > Thanks in advance, Brad
    >
    > Before you type your password, credit card number, etc.,
    > be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.

    I just searched for word viewer, ended up at MS,
    and downloaded/installed there wordpad.exe.
    Does that nowadays not work anymore???
    If not , download and install "open office"( I did
    both).

    Sjouke Burry, Dec 18, 2006