    caused an error in WSWRD832.CNV". I tried changing the doc to a rtf
    according to Microsoft Knowledge base but still doens't open. I'm thinking
    that ME will have to re-installed (clean install), any thoughts?

    striker, Feb 26, 2004

  2. striker

    DC Guest

    striker wrote:

    > A friends computer has an error when trying to open a .doc, "Wordpad has
    > caused an error in WSWRD832.CNV". I tried changing the doc to a rtf
    > according to Microsoft Knowledge base but still doens't open. I'm thinking
    > that ME will have to re-installed (clean install), any thoughts?

    You are going to do a clean install over a Wordpad error?! Okay.

    --
    DC Registered Linux User #1000111011000111001

    DC, Feb 26, 2004

  3. striker

    Harrison Guest

    On Thu, 26 Feb 2004 22:00:09 GMT, "striker" <> wrote:

    >A friends computer has an error when trying to open a .doc, "Wordpad has
    >caused an error in WSWRD832.CNV". I tried changing the doc to a rtf
    >according to Microsoft Knowledge base but still doens't open. I'm thinking
    >that ME will have to re-installed (clean install), any thoughts?

    Is it a Word doc or a Wordpad doc?
    Try reinstalling Wordpad before you go blowing away the entire OS.
    It's in the Windows Components section of Add/Remove Programs.

    Harrison, Feb 26, 2004
  4. striker

    striker Guest

    Thank you I will try that.