    on the left tab symbol in the top left corner and then click
    on the ruler at 6.5", it gives me a tab, but only for one
    line. I need it for the whole document. Can anyone help?
    Jim, Jun 30, 2003

  2. Jim

    Stevo Guest

    Jim wrote:
    > I'm trying to set a tab 6.5" across the page. When I click
    > on the left tab symbol in the top left corner and then click
    > on the ruler at 6.5", it gives me a tab, but only for one
    > line. I need it for the whole document. Can anyone help?

    Select everything in the document and THEN set the tab...

    --
    Stevo
    (pull the PIN to reply by e-mail)
    Stevo, Jun 30, 2003

  3. Jim

    Michael Guest

    "Stevo" <> wrote in message
    > Jim wrote:
    > > I'm trying to set a tab 6.5" across the page. When I click
    > > on the left tab symbol in the top left corner and then click
    > > on the ruler at 6.5", it gives me a tab, but only for one
    > > line. I need it for the whole document. Can anyone help?

    > Select everything in the document and THEN set the tab...

    Or if you haven't put anything into your document yet, use the ruler and
    just drag the tab-stop pointer where you want it... that becomes the default
    for the whole document.

    ((U))
    "fold tab A into slot B"
    Michael, Jul 1, 2003
  4. Jim

    Michael Guest

    "Stevo" <> wrote in message
    > Michael wrote:
    > > "Stevo" <> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> Select everything in the document and THEN set the tab...

    > > Or if you haven't put anything into your document yet, use the ruler
    > > and just drag the tab-stop pointer where you want it... that becomes
    > > the default for the whole document.
    > >
    > > ((U))

    > Nice advice, but you should have replied to the original poster.. :)

    My apologies... my inattention wasn't entirely my fault.

    I was being swooped by a particularly large bald eagle at the time. :p

    ((U))
    "He told me helping others is for the birds"
    Michael, Jul 1, 2003
  5. Jim

    Jim Guest

    Thanks guys - yes it makes a lot more sense at 10am than it
    did after midnight last night.... Jim
    Jim, Jul 1, 2003