    occur when I'm using Notepad or Wordpad so my keyboard must be ok. Has
    anyone any idea what is causing the problem?
    Thanks.
    Arnold H. Hollander, Sep 1, 2006

  2. Arnold H. Hollander

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 22:07:33 -0400, "Arnold H. Hollander"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >I ran into a problem with Microsoft Word 2002. I find that when I'm typing
    >sometimes a letter will be missed even though I am sure I hit the key. This
    >forces me to go back and reinsert the missing letter. This problem does not
    >occur when I'm using Notepad or Wordpad so my keyboard must be ok. Has
    >anyone any idea what is causing the problem?
    >Thanks.

    What operating system?

    How much memory?
    Evan Platt, Sep 1, 2006

  3. I'm running Win XP Pro on a Pent 3 at 596 MHz with 512 MB Ram

    Arnold H. Hollander, Sep 1, 2006
  4. Arnold H. Hollander

    Jimmy Dean Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >I ran into a problem with Microsoft Word 2002. I find that when I'm typing
    >sometimes a letter will be missed even though I am sure I hit the key. This
    >forces me to go back and reinsert the missing letter. This problem does not
    >occur when I'm using Notepad or Wordpad so my keyboard must be ok. Has
    >anyone any idea what is causing the problem?
    >Thanks.

    Go to Add Remove Programs, find MS Office, Chage/Remove, select Repair
    if available.

    Otherwise you could uninstall all, reboot and reinstall. Might fix.

    jd
    Jimmy Dean, Sep 2, 2006
  5. Thanks. Repair seemed towork.

    Arnold H. Hollander, Sep 2, 2006