    saved and installed on mine. However, it won't let me fill in all the boxes.
    The cursor moves to the next allowable box. Is there any way via options
    that I can have complete freedom to type wherever I want? many thanks.

    Joe, Apr 17, 2005

  2. Joe

    #! Guest

    Joe wrote:

    > I'm trying to complete a document that was produced on another computer,
    > saved and installed on mine. However, it won't let me fill in all the
    > boxes. The cursor moves to the next allowable box. Is there any way via
    > options that I can have complete freedom to type wherever I want? many
    > thanks.

    RTFM

    --
    #!
    I hate to see you go, but I LOVE to watch you leave.

    #!, Apr 17, 2005

  3. Joe

    Joe Guest

    Wow!! Never thought of that!!!

    Now, any sensible person over the mental age of 12 got a solution? :)

    Joe, Apr 17, 2005
  4. Joe

    JANA Guest

    You have to disregard the share of "rectums" that hang out on these news
    groups. If you ignore them, they usually disappear for a while. But, like
    house flies, you never know when they are back.

    --

    Was the version of Word that created the form, a newer version, and the
    author used some more advanced features?

    Did the author use any macro programming, or script type programming in its
    creation, and the computer you are using does not have these installed?

    I found some links, that are a bit detailed about Word, and forms. There may
    be some information there. I did not go through them in detail.

    About Word forms:
    http://www.bloodjournal.org/misc/webuploadinginstructions.shtml

    Article about creating forms in Word:
    http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide/forms.htm

    --

    Troubleshooting MS Word:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;322743

    http://search.microsoft.com/search/results.aspx?st=b&na=88&View=en-us&qu=word troubleshooting

    --

    JANA
    _____

    JANA, Apr 17, 2005
  5. Joe

    TJ Guest

    Joe <> wrote:

    > Wow!! Never thought of that!!!

    Nor a few other things, evidently.

    > Now, any sensible person over the mental age of 12 got a solution? :)

    Perhaps if you dropped the attitude, and made a more sensible post?

    > "#!" <nospam@****--you.com> wrote in message

    >> Joe wrote:
    >>
    >>> I'm trying to complete a document that was produced on another
    >>> computer, saved and installed on mine.

    In what format is this document? Or is everybody just supposed to see the
    word, "Word" in the subject line, and automatically *assume* you're
    referring to a .doc file? What version of 'MS Word' (if any) created this
    document? What version are you trying to edit it with?

    >>> However, it won't let me
    >>> fill in all the boxes. The cursor moves to the next allowable box.

    The above makes absolutely no sense. If the cursor moves to the next
    "allowable box" (whatever that means) can you not then, enter information
    into said box? I mean, you should be able to, what with it being
    "allowable" and all. Or? Are you trying to say that some boxes are
    "allowable", while other boxes are not? If that's the case? What *are*
    these "unallowed" boxes? Forms? Tables? Place holders for pictures that
    weren't sent with the document?

    >>> Is there any way via options that I can have complete freedom to
    >>> type wherever I want? many thanks.

    Given the content of your original post, you were supplied with the best
    possible answer. I've taken the liberty of leaving it intact for you,
    below.

    TJ, Apr 17, 2005
  6. Joe

    Joe Guest

    Thanks, Jana. I'll check these out.

    Joe, Apr 17, 2005
  7. Joe

    Joe Guest

    TJ, I understand your sentiments, but if you're a regular reader of this NG,
    then you'll know that our contributor by the name of #! is a rather
    obnoxious individual. He has no interest in helping people with their
    problems, but gets his kicks from rather outdated humour. Hence I assume he
    is rather mentally immature.

    Joe, Apr 17, 2005
  8. Joe

    #! Guest

    Joe wrote:

    > TJ, I understand your sentiments,

    No you dont.

    > but if you're a regular reader of this
    > NG, then you'll know that our contributor by the name of #! is a rather
    > obnoxious individual.

    Thank you.

    > He has no interest in helping people with their
    > problems,

    Liar, you just dont like the way the help is "delivered"

    > but gets his kicks from rather outdated humour.

    Hey hey, whats pink and don't fit??

    A dead epilleptic

    > Hence I assume
    > he is rather mentally immature.

    But i know how to RTFM :)

    --
    #!
    I hate to see you go, but I LOVE to watch you leave.

    #!, Apr 17, 2005
  9. Joe

    TJ Guest

    #! <nospam@****--you.com> wrote:

    > Joe wrote:
    >
    >> TJ, I understand your sentiments,

    > No you dont.

    Correct. He doesn't. So I'll expand a little on my sentiments, not than
    anyone gives a shit. Nor should they.

    >> but if you're a regular reader of this
    >> NG,

    Which I am, though I don't post very much.

    >> then you'll know that our contributor by the name of #! is a
    >> rather obnoxious individual.

    You forgot to add, "who, like K-man and other so-called trolls, provides the
    correct information in reply to pretty-much *any* question that makes sense,
    and to which the answer is not blatantly obvious." IF (and it's a big IF)
    one is capable of reading between the lines, that is.

    > Thank you.
    >
    >> He has no interest in helping people with their
    >> problems,

    > Liar, you just dont like the way the help is "delivered"

    Spot on. Seems that's the norm. Everybody wants the answers spoon-fed to
    them along with a nice cup of tea. Cracks me up. They can set-up a
    newsreader and find this group, yet can't figure out how to use Google,
    which is where I'd guess at least 75% of the "answers" here get cut and
    pasted from. Probably why I don't post much. I read this group mainly for
    the entertainment value, and it's generally quite fulfilling in that area.

    >> but gets his kicks from rather outdated humour.

    > Hey hey, whats pink and don't fit??
    >
    > A dead epilleptic

    Pink? I've never seen a pink, dead, anything. Then again? I've never seen
    K-man's pickled dick.

    Surely it's not pink?

    >> Hence I assume
    >> he is rather mentally immature.

    That's been your problem from the start. You make too many assumptions.
    First you assumed everybody would know what you were talking about when you
    said you were having trouble editing some unspecified "document", and now
    this.

    > But i know how to RTFM :)

    RTFM is good. Drugs are bad. Ummmmm-K?

    TJ, Apr 17, 2005
  10. Joe

    Joe Guest

    Ah well, early night children. School tomorrow. :)

    Joe, Apr 17, 2005
  11. Joe

    TJ Guest

    Joe <> wrote:

    > Ah well, early night children. School tomorrow. :)

    Don't forget your lunch.

    TJ, Apr 17, 2005
  12. Joe

    #! Guest

    TJ wrote:

    >> Hey hey, whats pink and don't fit??
    >>
    >> A dead epilleptic

    > Pink? I've never seen a pink, dead, anything. Then again? I've never
    > seen K-man's pickled dick.
    >
    > Surely it's not pink?

    Blue!, Blue!, I meant blue ;)

    --
    #!
    I hate to see you go, but I LOVE to watch you leave.

    #!, Apr 18, 2005
  13. Joe

    Keme Guest

    Joe wrote:
    > I'm trying to complete a document that was produced on another computer,
    > saved and installed on mine. However, it won't let me fill in all the boxes.
    > The cursor moves to the next allowable box. Is there any way via options
    > that I can have complete freedom to type wherever I want? many thanks.

    I assume "Word" means Microsoft Word. Looks to me like you're using a
    "locked form" document, with editing only allowed in the fill-in fields
    of the form. You may be able to unlock the document if there's no
    password (or if you can get the password).

    - Open your document.
    - Right click on the toolbar in MS Word, and check "Forms" (I believe
    that's what it's called in English versions, on my Norwegian version
    it's "skjemaer", and #14 in the list of toolbar segments).
    - On the toolbar popping up you should see a padlock icon. If this is
    the feature used to lock you document, it looks like it's pushed in.
    Click it.
    - If you get a password prompt, try entering a password (If you have no
    password given, you'll have to guess).

    If this is successful, you can edit "your" document freely.

    Keme, Apr 18, 2005
  14. Joe

    Joe Guest

    Keme,You're absolutely right. It's password protected. I should be able to
    get hold of it. Thanks for your time.

    Joe, Apr 18, 2005
  15. Joe

    Nick Guest

    "#!" <nospam@****--you.com> wrote in message
    > Joe wrote:
    >
    >> I'm trying to complete a document that was produced on another computer,
    >> saved and installed on mine. However, it won't let me fill in all the
    >> boxes. The cursor moves to the next allowable box. Is there any way via
    >> options that I can have complete freedom to type wherever I want? many
    >> thanks.

    > RTFM
    >
    > --
    > #!
    > I hate to see you go, but I LOVE to watch you leave.

    hmmm

    --
    Nick

    Nick, Apr 18, 2005