    enabled in Word, but is there a way to have documents open as Final rather
    than Final Showing Markup by default? Or another way to have it open without
    the changes highlighted?

    Karl Engel, Dec 17, 2006

  2. Karl Engel

    pcbutts1 Guest

    From the help file
    "You can view all markup (markup: Comments and tracked changes such as
    insertions, deletions, and formatting changes. View markup when you want to
    process tracked changes and comments. Print a document with markup to keep a
    record of changes made to a document.) changes in your document, or you can
    limit the kind of change that's displayed. For example, you can use the Show
    menu to hide formatting changes and comments so that you can concentrate on
    insertions and deletions. Or, you can display comments and changes for a
    specific reviewer.

    If you hide a type of markup by clearing it on the Show menu, the markup
    automatically appears each time the document is opened unless you clear the
    Make hidden markup visible when opening or saving check box on the Security
    tab of the Options dialog box (Tools menu). Even if you clear this check
    box, the markup is still in the document and can be revealed by selecting
    the type of markup on the Show menu.

    You can also change how Microsoft Word displays markup by clicking one of
    the Display for Review settings on the Reviewing toolbar (toolbar: A bar
    with buttons and options that you use to carry out commands. To display a
    toolbar, press ALT and then SHIFT+F10.).

    By changing this setting, you can preview a document with changes before you
    actually accept or reject those changes.

    Display for review settings

    Original Shows the original, unchanged document so that you can see how
    the document would look if you rejected all changes.

    Final Allows you to see how the document would look if you accepted all
    changes.

    Original Showing Markup Shows the inserted text and formatting changes in
    the balloons (balloons: In print layout view or Web layout view, markup
    balloons show markup elements, such as comments and tracked changes, in the
    margins of your document. Use these balloons to easily see and respond to
    reviewers' changes and comments.), while the deleted text remains inline.

    Final Showing Markup Shows deleted text in the balloons, while inserted
    text and formatting changes are shown inline."

    pcbutts1, Dec 17, 2006

  3. pcbutts1 aka in
    24hoursupport.helpdesk <>
    on 12/16/2006 after much thought,came up with this jewel:

    > From the help file
    > snip <

    Before listening to pc,read through these

    http://msmvps.com/blogs/spywaresucks/archive/2006/09/07/I-do-believe-PCB
    UTTS1-has-finally-lost-the-plot.aspx

    http://msmvps.com/blogs/spywaresucks/archive/2006/11/10/272921.aspx

    http://forums.security-central.us/showthread.php?p=10097

    http://www.atribune.org/Blog/?p=16

    http://blog.subratam.org/?p=17

    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/securityblog/2006/09/07/pcbutts1what-a-r
    oyal-pain-in-the-butt/

    http://www.besttechie.net/2006/09/07/pcbutts1-back-at-it/

    http://temerc.blogspot.com/2006/09/pcbutts-internet-software-theif.html

    max
    --
    Playing Nice on Usenet:
    My Pages:

    What's in a Name?, Dec 19, 2006
  4. Karl Engel

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Troll Alert

    The list grows. Leythos the stalker,David H. Lipman, Max M Wachtell III aka
    What's in a Name?,Fitz,
    Rhonda Lea Kirk,Meat Plow, F Kwatu F, George Orwell

    pcbutts1, Dec 19, 2006
  5. Re: Troll Alert

    pcbutts1 aka in
    24hoursupport.helpdesk <>
    on 12/18/2006 after much thought,came up with this jewel:

    gee,the quoted material was deleted by misuse of delimiter-figures.

    max

    What's in a Name?, Dec 19, 2006