    don't buy a £100 digital camera, then use an AC adapter with a voltage
    higher than the recommended setting...

    Sigh :(

    KennyJC, Mar 5, 2004

  2. In fact, don't but a £100 camera, period.

    ;)

    Myspareidentity, Mar 5, 2004

  3. KennyJC

    Ken Burns Guest

    Don't make that mistake with any camera at any price!!!

    KB

    Ken Burns, Mar 5, 2004
  4. KennyJC

    Craig Bailey Guest

    Wouldn't you be upset if it cost you a little more... ?

    Craig Bailey, Mar 5, 2004
  5. "KennyJC" <> wrote in message
    > don't buy a £100 digital camera, then use an AC adapter with a voltage
    > higher than the recommended setting...
    >
    > Sigh :(

    Also, don't buy a £60 pair of wireless headphones and use an AC adapter with
    variable voltage and forget to lower the output.

    Sighs here too. You'd think two years on i'd have learnt to deal with it...

    --
    Here lies the late Martin Francis
    He couldn't tell you the technical merits of Leitz and Zeiss

    Martin Francis, Mar 5, 2004
  6. "Ken Burns" <> wrote in message
    > Don't make that mistake with any camera at any price!!!

    Then again, if you are going to make that mistake, try to do it with a
    relatively inexpensive camera, so that you could replace it without feeling
    too much pain...

    Paul Fedorenko, Mar 5, 2004
  7. "Myspareidentity" <> wrote in message
    > In fact, don't but a £100 camera, period.
    >
    > ;)

    Why not? I bought a $90 (Cdn) camera for my cousin as a 10th birthday
    present. A Fuji A100, or something like that. She loves it. Her reaction
    was something like, "Now I have a better camera than my dad."

    Not sure if that's true or not, since I don't know what my uncle shoots
    with.

    Paul Fedorenko, Mar 5, 2004
  8. KennyJC

    sheebie Guest

    On Fri, 5 Mar 2004 22:26:54 +0000 (UTC), "Martin Francis"
    <> wrote:

    >"KennyJC" <> wrote in message
    >> don't buy a £100 digital camera, then use an AC adapter with a voltage
    >> higher than the recommended setting...
    >>
    >> Sigh :(

    >Also, don't buy a £60 pair of wireless headphones and use an AC adapter with
    >variable voltage and forget to lower the output.
    >
    >Sighs here too. You'd think two years on i'd have learnt to deal with it...

    You can do it with a £300 PDA too. Similar overall effect.
    - Sheebie

    sheebie, Mar 5, 2004
  9. KennyJC

    Bugsy Guest

    "KennyJC" <> wrote in message
    > don't buy a £100 digital camera, then use an AC adapter with a voltage
    > higher than the recommended setting...
    >
    > Sigh :(

    When I bought my Fuji 6800Z in the UK I was very disappointed to find the
    PSU was only for use on 240v. In this age that is very unusual so had to
    buy a 110v unit for use abroad (in certain countries,obviously!)

    Dave

    Bugsy, Mar 6, 2004
  10. KennyJC

    Lionel Guest

    Kibo informs me that (KennyJC) stated that:

    >don't buy a £100 digital camera, then use an AC adapter with a voltage
    >higher than the recommended setting...

    Could be worse - you could've done it with a £1000 camera. ;)

    Lionel, Mar 6, 2004