    computer. I installed the German version of Word 2000 but it seemed to
    want to take over the English version. Would anyone have a suggestion
    or workaround for this?
    Martin, Sep 1, 2004

  2. Martin

    derek / nul Guest

    On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 02:05:46 GMT, Martin <> wrote:

    >I have Microsoft Office XP Small Business edition installed on my
    >computer. I installed the German version of Word 2000 but it seemed to
    >want to take over the English version. Would anyone have a suggestion
    >or workaround for this?

    It cannot happen in the one machine, one language or the other.
    derek / nul, Sep 1, 2004

  3. Martin

    vincent Guest

    might be possible to do it if you set up another user account??

    "Martin" <> wrote in message
    : I have Microsoft Office XP Small Business edition installed on my
    : computer. I installed the German version of Word 2000 but it seemed to
    : want to take over the English version. Would anyone have a suggestion
    : or workaround for this?
    :
    :
    vincent, Sep 1, 2004
  4. Martin

    Jerry G. Guest

    You cannot do this, from what we have been informed in the past from MS
    support.

    The suggestion for best results is to have 2 separate machines, and then
    have them networked. Even if you made 2 separate user accounts, Office will
    be shared when set up for each account, on the same machine.

    Look in to the instructions (Help for Office), and see if it is possible to
    have 2 different spell libraries. You will have to choose the language of
    the Office program.

    --

    Jerry G.
    ==========================

    Jerry G., Sep 1, 2004
  5. Martin

    vincent Guest

    true....
    should be possible to have it installed on one of the new external hard
    drives shouldn' it??

    "Jerry G." <> wrote in message
    : You cannot do this, from what we have been informed in the past from MS
    : support.
    :
    : The suggestion for best results is to have 2 separate machines, and then
    : have them networked. Even if you made 2 separate user accounts, Office
    will
    : be shared when set up for each account, on the same machine.
    :
    : Look in to the instructions (Help for Office), and see if it is possible
    : have 2 different spell libraries. You will have to choose the language of
    : the Office program.
    :
    : --
    :
    : Jerry G.
    : ==========================
    :
    :
    : news:_7aZc.139647$...
    vincent, Sep 2, 2004
  6. Martin

    Martin Guest

    I have two hard drives, the 160GB Maxtor partitioned into two partitions
    plus a Maxtor 30GB hard drive. On my second machine, I have a Maxtor 30
    GB hard drive. I installed German MS Word on the main computer on the
    Maxtor 160GB and it took over the English, as before. I suppose if I
    install Windows ’98 on the second drive and boot from that, it will work.

    Martin, Sep 2, 2004