    i looked every where to unclick anything, but coulndt findany thing at all
    how does this happen, seems to happen every now and then

    milo

    milo, May 26, 2005

  2. milo

    Robert Baer Guest

    milo wrote:

    > my dads got an acer pc win98 and word perfect that
    > came with it at that time now, when he types a document
    > in word perfect, some times he'll want to save it ie either save as or save
    > but it will come up saying document a read only , how does that happen,
    > i looked every where to unclick anything, but coulndt findany thing at all
    > how does this happen, seems to happen every now and then
    >

    > milo

    I bet that is seen only when the "save" optionis used.
    In that case, use "save as" option with a slightly different name.
    Then delete the read-only version.
    You might need to change the system settings to show *all* files, to
    see the read-only files.

    Robert Baer, May 26, 2005

  3. milo

    Chet Guest

    Please find and use your shift key. It is very difficult to read your
    stuff.

    Your subject line refers to a word document but your text mentions
    WordPerfect. Which is it?

    Chet, May 26, 2005