    were there but incorrect. How do I draw a line through a word to show
    "delete this"? I hope I am making sense here. TIA
    Bob

    bb, Aug 3, 2007

  2. bb

    Gordon Guest

    "bb" <> wrote in message
    news:0dGsi.13156$...
    >I need to correct an existing document in Word 2003. But I need to leave
    >the incorrect words intact and just draw a line through them to show they
    >were there but incorrect. How do I draw a line through a word to show
    >"delete this"? I hope I am making sense here. TIA
    > Bob

    Format-Font-Strikethrough.....

    HTH

    Gordon, Aug 3, 2007

  3. bb

    bb Guest

    >>I need to correct an existing document in Word 2003. But I need to leave
    >>the incorrect words intact and just draw a line through them to show they
    >>were there but incorrect. How do I draw a line through a word to show
    >>"delete this"? I hope I am making sense here. TIA
    >> Bob
    >>

    > Format-Font-Strikethrough.....

    Ok, I'm stupid. I found that and checked the box for strikethough. Now
    what do I do? Put my cursor at the end of the word or beginning of the word
    to strike, then click on the hypen key?

    bb, Aug 3, 2007
  4. bb

    Gordon Guest

    "bb" <> wrote in message

    > Ok, I'm stupid. I found that and checked the box for strikethough. Now
    > what do I do? Put my cursor at the end of the word or beginning of the
    > word to strike, then click on the hypen key?

    select the word first, then go to Format-Font-Strikethrough....

    Gordon, Aug 3, 2007
  5. bb wrote:
    >>> I need to correct an existing document in Word 2003. But I need to leave
    >>> the incorrect words intact and just draw a line through them to show they
    >>> were there but incorrect. How do I draw a line through a word to show
    >>> "delete this"? I hope I am making sense here. TIA
    >>> Bob
    >>>

    >> Format-Font-Strikethrough.....

    > Ok, I'm stupid. I found that and checked the box for strikethough. Now
    > what do I do? Put my cursor at the end of the word or beginning of the word
    > to strike, then click on the hypen key?

    Try highlighting the letters you want the strikethough and then do the
    format thing. You know, drag the mouse while holding down the left button?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Aug 3, 2007
  6. bb

    Steve Guest

    Highlight the word you want a line drawn through. Once highlighted, click
    format, then font and then choose the strikethrough option.

    Steve

    Steve, Aug 3, 2007
  7. bb

    bb Guest

    Yee haw! I did it! Thanks to all who helped me!

    bb, Aug 3, 2007
  8. "bb" <> wrote in message
    >I need to correct an existing document in Word 2003. But I need to leave
    >the incorrect words intact and just draw a line through them to show they
    >were there but incorrect. How do I draw a line through a word to show
    >"delete this"? I hope I am making sense here. TIA
    > Bob

    turn on "track changes" which will allow you to amend and show what you have
    amended.

    Geoff Pearson, Aug 3, 2007