    it isn't a 3rd party piece of software controlling the keys on the keyboard
    as far as I can see.

    Rider

    Rider, Feb 25, 2004

  2. Rider

    Rider Guest

    "Bruce Sinclair" <> wrote in
    message news:6Ya%b.28444$...

    <> wrote:
    > >I've never seen this happen before and I've been all through the options

    etc
    > >in Word 2002.
    > >
    > >When you highlight a piece of text and press the 'delete' key, it doesnt
    > >delete it. Instead, a line at the bottom by the status bar as "Delete

    Block
    > >Yes/No?" and you have to press the 'Y' key.

    > That sounds like a setting (confirm deletions or something similar)
    > .. check your options.

    I knew someone would say that LOL I've checked them 3 times, compared them
    to a pc with the same software on it, checked the options screens and
    they're identical .. all the same options turned off and on. But thanks
    anyway.

    Rider

    Rider, Feb 26, 2004

  3. Rider

    Rider Guest

    "Bruce Sinclair" <> wrote in
    message news:6Ya%b.28444$...

    <> wrote:
    > >I've never seen this happen before and I've been all through the options

    etc
    > >in Word 2002.
    > >
    > >When you highlight a piece of text and press the 'delete' key, it doesnt
    > >delete it. Instead, a line at the bottom by the status bar as "Delete

    Block
    > >Yes/No?" and you have to press the 'Y' key.

    > That sounds like a setting (confirm deletions or something similar)
    > .. check your options.
    >
    > Bruce

    Oh dear LOL Found one. "Use navigation keys for WordPerfect users"

    Not sure how I missed it ... bastard thing LOL

    Rider, Feb 26, 2004

    Bruce Sinclair, Feb 26, 2004
  5. Rider

    Rider Guest

    "Bruce Sinclair" <> wrote in
    message news:FVb%b.28452$...

    <> wrote:
    > >"Bruce Sinclair" <> wrote in
    > >message news:6Ya%b.28444$...

    options
    > >etc

    doesnt

    > >Block
    > >>
    > >> That sounds like a setting (confirm deletions or something similar)
    > >> .. check your options.

    > >Oh dear LOL Found one. "Use navigation keys for WordPerfect users"
    > >
    > >Not sure how I missed it ... bastard thing LOL

    > oops ... I should have read this message first instead of insisting I
    > was right :) :)
    > Good news you found it :)

    Theres too many friggin options LOL

    *wipes egg off his face*

    Rider, Feb 26, 2004
  6. In article <c1jenb$uhe$>, "Rider" <> wrote:
    >"Bruce Sinclair" <> wrote in
    >message news:6Ya%b.28444$...
    >> In article <c1ja1l$rng$>, "Rider"

    ><> wrote:
    >> >I've never seen this happen before and I've been all through the options

    >etc
    >> >in Word 2002.
    >> >
    >> >When you highlight a piece of text and press the 'delete' key, it doesnt
    >> >delete it. Instead, a line at the bottom by the status bar as "Delete

    >Block
    >> >Yes/No?" and you have to press the 'Y' key.

    >> That sounds like a setting (confirm deletions or something similar)
    >> .. check your options.

    >I knew someone would say that LOL I've checked them 3 times, compared them
    >to a pc with the same software on it, checked the options screens and
    >they're identical .. all the same options turned off and on. But thanks
    >anyway.

    You may well think that you have checked that ... I'll still bet
    that's what it is :) Word is not clever about where it keeps it's
    settings - some of them are in more than one place :)

    Bruce

    Bruce Sinclair, Feb 26, 2004

    Bruce Sinclair, Feb 26, 2004
  8. Rider

    Adam Smith Guest

    <snip>

    > oops ... I should have read this message first instead of insisting I
    > was right :) :)
    > Good news you found it :)
    >
    > Bruce

    Good to see someone confident enough in their opinion to force the issue.
    Too many limp wristed 'path-of-least-resistance' types out there these days.

    Adam Smith, Feb 26, 2004
  9. In article <pRc%b.2380$>, "Adam Smith" <> wrote:
    ><snip>
    >
    >> oops ... I should have read this message first instead of insisting I
    >> was right :) :)
    >> Good news you found it :)

    >Good to see someone confident enough in their opinion to force the issue.
    >Too many limp wristed 'path-of-least-resistance' types out there these days.

    <blush> ... gosh ... thanks.

    If we all let stuff slide, how does anything get better ? :)

    Bruce

    Bruce Sinclair, Feb 26, 2004
  10. Rider

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <c1ja1l$rng$>,
    says...
    > I've never seen this happen before and I've been all through the options etc
    > in Word 2002.
    >
    > When you highlight a piece of text and press the 'delete' key, it doesnt
    > delete it. Instead, a line at the bottom by the status bar as "Delete Block
    > Yes/No?" and you have to press the 'Y' key. Also the 'home' key doesnt work.

    Check under the word perfect compatibility options.

    Mainlander, Feb 27, 2004