    Pentium II 450 Mhz.
    128 MB RAM
    Windows 98 (First Edition)
    Andrew Watiker, Feb 5, 2004

  2. Andrew Watiker

    Thor Guest

    Yes Word '02 will work fine on a PII-450. In any case, you have 50+ uses
    before being forced to activate the license, so use that time to try it out
    and see if it performs to your liking. If not, then uninstall it, and it's
    still an unactivated copy you can easily set up and activate on a different
    machine if you want.

    Thor, Feb 5, 2004

  3. Thor wrote:
    > Yes Word '02 will work fine on a PII-450. In any case, you have 50+ uses
    > before being forced to activate the license, so use that time to try it out
    > and see if it performs to your liking. If not, then uninstall it, and it's
    > still an unactivated copy you can easily set up and activate on a different
    > machine if you want.
    >

    > ..
    > "Andrew Watiker" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>We recently recieved a copy of Microsoft Works Suite 2003. However, we
    >>already had left over student licenses for Office 2003 Students and
    >>Teachers. I was considering putting a Penium II machine back into
    >>service and wanted to know wether or not Word 2002 from Words Suite
    >>would run acceptably. If Word is not going to run at a usable speed I
    >>may not bother to proceed with this setup.
    >>
    >>Word 2002 has not been actived.
    >>
    >>Pentium II 450 Mhz.
    >>128 MB RAM
    >>Windows 98 (First Edition)

    Am I right it works with 98 first edition?
    Andrew Watiker, Feb 5, 2004
  4. Andrew Watiker

    Thor Guest

    > Am I right it works with 98 first edition?

    yes I believe so.
    Thor, Feb 5, 2004