    the registry, or in a .ini or .dat file?

    Help please cos its starting to brown me off now!

    thanx Chris
    Watcher of the Skies, Jun 7, 2005

  2. Watcher of the Skies

    why? Guest

    On Tue, 07 Jun 2005 16:10:06 GMT, Watcher of the Skies wrote:

    >Using Word 2000 on W98.
    >
    >I installed an application (pdfEdit 995 from Software995) which gave the
    >option to display some buttons on the Word 2000 toolbar, which I did. I
    >didnt like it so I reversed the option. Now when I open Word they are still

    You mean uninstalled the application?

    >there. I remove them by right clicking the toolbar and releasing the button

    ??

    If I right click on the toolbar the currently selected toolbars have
    ticks next to them, unticking an option makes the toolbar go away.

    >but they keep coming back.

    So they do.

    >Can anyone piont me to where the toolbar cofiguration info is kept, is it in
    >the registry, or in a .ini or .dat file?

    Not for that app you mentioned.

    Read the pdfEdit FAQ, or maybe -at the top of the FAQ
    http://www.pdf995.com/faq.html
    Contact technical questions may be addressed to: <address removed>

    On Windows 2000 / Word 2000

    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\Startup
    look for *.DOT files in that folder.

    If you have different user accounts then you may need to look in
    Documents and Settings for each user.

    >Help please cos its starting to brown me off now!

    www.google.com

    2nd hit is (for the search I did)
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q191178/
    read it and check the links at the end, about toolbar not loading, it
    tells you where the options are.

    Me
    why?, Jun 7, 2005

  3. Watcher of the Skies

    Guest

    On "Watcher of the Skies" <> wrote:

    |>Using Word 2000 on W98.
    |>
    |>I installed an application (pdfEdit 995 from Software995) which gave the
    |>option to display some buttons on the Word 2000 toolbar, which I did. I
    |>didnt like it so I reversed the option. Now when I open Word they are still
    |>there. I remove them by right clicking the toolbar and releasing the button
    |>but they keep coming back.
    |>
    |>Can anyone piont me to where the toolbar cofiguration info is kept, is it in
    |>the registry, or in a .ini or .dat file?
    |>
    |>Help please cos its starting to brown me off now!

    It's being loaded from your startup menu

    Right click Start select explore > programs > startup

    Full path : C:\WINDOWS\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp

    Remove it from there.

    --
    , Jun 7, 2005