Word 2000 document problem.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Daz, Oct 31, 2003.

  1. Daz

    Daz Guest

    Hi,

    Ok, I'll try to explain this as best I can. I am running Word 2000 on Win
    98SE and have the following problem.
    When I click on a word document from within 'My Documents', the file opens
    but does not insert a flashing cursor, which means that when I try to print
    both the title window and the status bar flash. I then need to minimise the
    document and then maximise before the print window dialogue opens.
    Everything then prints correctly, however upon completion I get another
    pop-up window asking if I want to revert to the previous saved document.

    Now I have also found that I can get it to work properly by 1 of 2 methods:

    1. If I click on 'Open office document' from either the start menu or office
    bar menu.
    2. If I open the document and click on the document to manually add the
    cursor point.

    In both the above methods it works fine, with no pop-ups.
    How can I get it so that the cursor is automatically inserted in the
    document when I click on the .doc file?
    Please help!

    Thanks in advance.

    Daz.

    Daz, Oct 31, 2003

  2. Daz

    Mike0000 Guest

    Daz wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > Ok, I'll try to explain this as best I can. I am running Word 2000 on Win
    > 98SE and have the following problem.
    > When I click on a word document from within 'My Documents', the file opens
    > but does not insert a flashing cursor, which means that when I try to print
    > both the title window and the status bar flash. I then need to minimise the
    > document and then maximise before the print window dialogue opens.
    > Everything then prints correctly, however upon completion I get another
    > pop-up window asking if I want to revert to the previous saved document.
    >
    > Now I have also found that I can get it to work properly by 1 of 2 methods:
    >
    > 1. If I click on 'Open office document' from either the start menu or office
    > bar menu.
    > 2. If I open the document and click on the document to manually add the
    > cursor point.
    >
    > In both the above methods it works fine, with no pop-ups.
    > How can I get it so that the cursor is automatically inserted in the
    > document when I click on the .doc file?
    > Please help!
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Daz.

    Usually deleting normal.dot fixes this. Do a file search for it and
    delete it (there may be more than one). Make sure word isnt running
    when you do this. Now, run word and it will make a new normal.dot file.

    --
    Mike
    Block Banner Ads Now

    Mike0000, Nov 3, 2003