    Hi

    I'm looking for a free news server to use.. Any pointer please...

    Cheers Peter

    Peter, Feb 12, 2006

  2. Peter

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Peter" <> wrote in message
    news:43eebfb6$0$27805$...
    > Hi
    >
    > I'm looking for a free news server to use.. Any pointer please...
    >

    > Cheers Peter

    Join a decent ISP and you'll have one.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Feb 12, 2006

  3. Peter wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I'm looking for a free news server to use.. Any pointer please...
    >

    > Cheers Peter

    It seems it doesn't allow you to use a free search engine either, you
    really are screwed aren't you.
    David A' Rebel, Feb 12, 2006
  4. E. Scrooge (*sling) wrote:

    > "Peter" <> wrote in message

    > > I'm looking for a free news server to use.. Any pointer please...

    > Join a decent ISP and you'll have one.

    I have been a Woosh customer for three months and I can assure you that
    it is a decent ISP. Considering that you live in a city where Woosh is
    unavailable, I can only assume that you are expressing an opinion on
    something with which you have no experience, as usual.

    To answer the original question, I don't know of any free NNTP servers,
    but if you try www.octanews.com, you'll find that the cost is
    negligable unless you're using binary groups.
    alastair.geek.nz, Feb 12, 2006
  5. Peter

    bambam Guest

    "Peter" <> wrote in

    > Hi
    >
    > I'm looking for a free news server to use.. Any pointer please...

    I posted this here 5 days ago:

    ******

    Aioe.org News Server

    http://news.aioe.org/

    No user name, password, or registration required.
    Limit of 25 posts per day.
    Can be a bit flaky at times.

    Others?

    http://acfwiki.pbwiki.com/FreeNewsservers

    ********

    But as the name of the news server has changed from "news.aioe.org" to
    "nntp.aioe.org" in the last couple of days, I thought I could post it
    again. ;)
    bambam, Feb 12, 2006
  6. In article <43eebfb6$0$27805$>,
    "Peter" <> wrote:

    > I'm looking for a free news server to use.. Any pointer please...

    What's wrong with Woosh's newsfeed?

    --
    Dibley
    Dibley Fanshaw, Feb 12, 2006
  7. Peter

    Peter Guest

    What are woosh news feeds?

    Peter, Feb 12, 2006
  8. Peter

    Tony Guest

    Dibley Fanshaw wrote:
    > In article <43eebfb6$0$27805$>,
    > "Peter" <> wrote:
    >
    >> I'm looking for a free news server to use.. Any pointer please...

    > What's wrong with Woosh's newsfeed?

    Fairly obviously they don't have one !

    They are A TelstraClear domestic customer, this means Telstra would sell
    them nntp access that they could cache (newscache/dnews both work fine
    on a Linux server), and make available to their customers very easily
    and cheaply. You might want to try and track down one of their techs and
    ask them to do this.
    Tony, Feb 12, 2006
  9. Peter

    Peter S Guest

    "David A' Rebel" <> wrote in message
    > Peter wrote:
    >
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> I'm looking for a free news server to use.. Any pointer please...
    >>

    >> Cheers Peter
    >>

    > It seems it doesn't allow you to use a free search engine either, you
    > really are screwed aren't you.

    Hardly an acceptable response to a friendly and reasonable request on a
    newsgroup for that purpose (I'm not the original poster).
    Peter S, Feb 12, 2006
  10. Peter at ÷Ó 12 æÅ×ÒÁÌØ 2006 07:51 wrote:

    > I'm looking for a free news server to use.. Any pointer please...

    Try select at http://www.newzbot.com/
    But most of them are read only.

    --
    http://www.43n39e.ru/nz - search New Zealand
    Maxim Zakharov, Feb 13, 2006
  11. Peter

    RayC Guest

    There are none that give a reliable service that are free and have posting
    rights.

    I use teranews(.com) and easynews(.com) that have a small fee.

    Trust me this is the best deal.

    i have looked long and hard for better.

    Tried a lot, they all have problems of varying kinds.

    http://mail.spaminspector.com

    RayC, Feb 16, 2006
  12. Peter

    Peter Guest