    Jedmeister Guest

    Noticed the local woolies are flogging 23inch lcd tv's for 2 grand each.
    Some unknown brand, wonder what they are like.

    Jedmeister, Apr 4, 2005

  2. Jedmeister

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "Jedmeister" <> wrote in message
    news:6b54e.15596$...
    > Noticed the local woolies are flogging 23inch lcd tv's for 2 grand each.
    > Some unknown brand, wonder what they are like.

    They're usually quite thin and flat.

    E. Scrooge

    E. Scrooge, Apr 4, 2005

  3. On Mon, 04 Apr 2005 19:29:50 +1200, E. Scrooge wrote:

    > "Jedmeister" <> wrote in message
    >> Noticed the local woolies are flogging 23inch lcd tv's for 2 grand each.
    >> Some unknown brand, wonder what they are like.

    > They're usually quite thin and flat.
    >
    > E. Scrooge

    I've also observed the crystal to be all liquidy

    Shane (aka froggy), Apr 4, 2005
  4. Jedmeister

    BILL Guest

    On Mon, 4 Apr 2005 18:31:09 +1200, "Jedmeister" <> wrote:

    >Noticed the local woolies are flogging 23inch lcd tv's for 2 grand each.
    >Some unknown brand, wonder what they are like.

    The VCR/DVD thing is made by Daewoo

    BILL, Apr 4, 2005
  5. Jedmeister wrote:
    > Noticed the local woolies are flogging 23inch lcd tv's for 2 grand each.
    > Some unknown brand, wonder what they are like.

    How are you meant to pay for them? most banks have a ~1500 limit on EFTPOS.

    heh.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Apr 4, 2005
  6. Shane (aka froggy) wrote:
    >>>Noticed the local woolies are flogging 23inch lcd tv's for 2 grand each.
    >>>Some unknown brand, wonder what they are like.

    >>They're usually quite thin and flat.

    > I've also observed the crystal to be all liquidy

    hahhaha... hmmm
    L C D
    Liquid Crystal Disply... and the Crystal is liquidy aye... I never would
    have guessed.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Apr 4, 2005
  7. Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > Jedmeister wrote:
    >
    >> Noticed the local woolies are flogging 23inch lcd tv's for 2 grand
    >> each. Some unknown brand, wonder what they are like.

    > How are you meant to pay for them? most banks have a ~1500 limit on EFTPOS.
    >
    > heh.

    Then complain to your bank. ASB has a $2500 daily limit which is still
    far too low when you need to buy computer equipment.

    The Other Guy

    The Other Guy, Apr 4, 2005
  8. Jedmeister

    Richard Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > Jedmeister wrote:
    >
    >> Noticed the local woolies are flogging 23inch lcd tv's for 2 grand
    >> each. Some unknown brand, wonder what they are like.

    > How are you meant to pay for them? most banks have a ~1500 limit on EFTPOS.

    Credit card then. Last I checked there was no set daily limit.

    Richard, Apr 5, 2005
  9. Jedmeister

    cowboyz Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > Jedmeister wrote:
    >> Noticed the local woolies are flogging 23inch lcd tv's for 2 grand
    >> each. Some unknown brand, wonder what they are like.

    > How are you meant to pay for them? most banks have a ~1500 limit on
    > EFTPOS.
    > heh.

    True by default but you can change that if you wish to spend more. I
    changed mine to $4000 so I can buy toys without worrying about it. Or if
    your really outrageous and into new things they are introducing this special
    paper stuff with numbers and pictures on it. Apparently you can use it
    anywhere, even some places that don't have EFTPOS will accept this special
    paper.

    cowboyz, Apr 5, 2005
  10. cowboyz wrote:
    > True by default but you can change that if you wish to spend more. I
    > changed mine to $4000 so I can buy toys without worrying about it. Or if
    > your really outrageous and into new things they are introducing this special
    > paper stuff with numbers and pictures on it. Apparently you can use it
    > anywhere, even some places that don't have EFTPOS will accept this special
    > paper.

    It is actually plastic, and in some cases metal!

    Which bank are you with that allows your daily EFTPOS limit to be
    increased? ASB constantly tells me it can't be done for individuals.

    Thanks,

    The Other Guy

    The Other Guy, Apr 6, 2005
  11. Jedmeister

    cowboyz Guest

    The Other Guy wrote:
    > cowboyz wrote:
    >> True by default but you can change that if you wish to spend more. I
    >> changed mine to $4000 so I can buy toys without worrying about it.
    >> Or if your really outrageous and into new things they are
    >> introducing this special paper stuff with numbers and pictures on
    >> it. Apparently you can use it anywhere, even some places that don't
    >> have EFTPOS will accept this special paper.

    > It is actually plastic, and in some cases metal!
    >
    > Which bank are you with that allows your daily EFTPOS limit to be
    > increased? ASB constantly tells me it can't be done for individuals.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > The Other Guy

    ok. that maybe so as I am not an "individual" so they might be more
    accommodating. I am with National by the way.

    cowboyz, Apr 6, 2005
  12. Jedmeister

    A.D. Guest

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    >>> They're usually quite thin and flat.

    >> I've also observed the crystal to be all liquidy

    > hahhaha... hmmm
    > L C D
    > Liquid Crystal Disply... and the Crystal is liquidy aye... I never would
    > have guessed.

    Nice one Dave, now everyone will get it.

    A.D.

    A.D., Apr 6, 2005