    "I dont think we update our antivirus as much as we should" when I asked if
    they were running antivirus software LOL

    Rider

    Rider, Mar 3, 2004

  2. Rider

    Dogg Guest

    On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 11:39:13 +1300, "Rider"
    <> wrote:

    >Just working on a computer that the customer 'thinks' might be infected with
    >a virus.
    >
    >Well it is infected, to the tune of 2667 files.
    >
    >And its an old virus. VBA.Stages.A ....... I think this was out in 2000 or
    >late 1999.
    >
    >"I dont think we update our antivirus as much as we should" when I asked if
    >they were running antivirus software LOL
    >
    >Rider

    Old School Viruses...respect.

    Dogg, Mar 3, 2004

  3. Rider

    Rider Guest

    "Dogg" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 11:39:13 +1300, "Rider"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >Just working on a computer that the customer 'thinks' might be infected

    with
    > >a virus.
    > >
    > >Well it is infected, to the tune of 2667 files.
    > >
    > >And its an old virus. VBA.Stages.A ....... I think this was out in 2000

    or
    > >late 1999.
    > >
    > >"I dont think we update our antivirus as much as we should" when I asked

    if
    > >they were running antivirus software LOL
    > >
    > >Rider
    > >

    > Old School Viruses...respect.

    Do you have any idea if this virus will delete documents etc? Customers
    documents are missing :-o

    Rider

    Rider, Mar 4, 2004
  4. Rider

    Dogg Guest

    On Thu, 4 Mar 2004 14:30:06 +1300, "Rider"
    <> wrote:

    <snip>

    >> Old School Viruses...respect.

    >Do you have any idea if this virus will delete documents etc? Customers
    >documents are missing :-o
    >
    >Rider

    With that many infections, there's bound to be one that seeks and
    destroys *.doc, *.xls etc etc

    Dogg, Mar 4, 2004
  5. Rider

    Dave Taylor Guest

    Dave Taylor, Mar 4, 2004
  6. Rider

    Rider Guest

    "Dave Taylor" <> wrote in message
    > "Rider" <> wrote in news:c260r2$op8$1
    > @lust.ihug.co.nz:
    >
    > > Do you have any idea if this virus will delete documents etc? Customers
    > > documents are missing :-o
    > >

    > http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/vbs.stages.a.html
    >
    > Ciao, Dave

    Thanks, read that.