Woohoo!

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Mr Roflcopter, Jun 14, 2005.

  1. Well, passed 291 today. Different testing centre from the last time and
    the whole thing went without a hitch. That makes me an MCSA. CCNA next,
    methinks. I'm getting a little tired of MS exams :)

    Passed with 700, when actually I thought I might have failed due to me
    having to take an educated guess at more than one question. It's
    certainly not the nicest MS test in the world!

    Interestingly, I had the exact same problem as this guy had with a DNS
    simulation question:

    http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/Passed-70-291-Score-962_30107.html

    I sent feedback for that question.

    I also had another DNS sim question. The question involved two domains
    and a DNS server in one. The thing was, the same of the domain was wrong
    (i.e. the DNS server I was configuring was on abc.com and not xyz.com,
    even though the question said that I had to configure the DNS server on
    xyz.com...)

    Anyway, in conclusion, MS need to test their sims more thorougly.

    --
    Chris M.
    Mr Roflcopter, Jun 14, 2005

  2. Mr Roflcopter

    Guest Guest

    "Mr Roflcopter" <> wrote
    > Well, passed 291 today. Different testing centre from the last time and
    > the whole thing went without a hitch. That makes me an MCSA. CCNA next,
    > methinks. I'm getting a little tired of MS exams :)

    I applaud your accomplishments, but I must tell you, I'm already an MCSB,
    and this occurred by osmosis.

    MicroCephalic S. Bob
    http://www.roblindman.com/ - while supplies last
    Guest, Jun 14, 2005

  3. Mr Roflcopter wrote:

    > Well, passed 291 today. Different testing centre from the last time and
    > the whole thing went without a hitch. That makes me an MCSA. CCNA next,
    > methinks. I'm getting a little tired of MS exams :)
    >
    > Passed with 700, when actually I thought I might have failed due to me
    > having to take an educated guess at more than one question. It's
    > certainly not the nicest MS test in the world!
    >
    > Interestingly, I had the exact same problem as this guy had with a DNS
    > simulation question:
    >
    > http://www.sadikhov.com/forum/Passed-70-291-Score-962_30107.html
    >
    > I sent feedback for that question.
    >
    > I also had another DNS sim question. The question involved two domains
    > and a DNS server in one. The thing was, the same of the domain was wrong
    > (i.e. the DNS server I was configuring was on abc.com and not xyz.com,
    > even though the question said that I had to configure the DNS server on
    > xyz.com...)
    >
    > Anyway, in conclusion, MS need to test their sims more thorougly.

    I would seriously think before taking the CCNA. If you are not going to
    be working with cisco, it is almost better to wait and take it. I have
    had mine for almost a year now and I still am not working with cisco
    equipment. It expires every 3 years, so i am facing the possibility of
    retaking the exam of moving on to the CCSP to recertify the CCNA.

    just a thought, congrats on the MCSA
    Eric Eastridge, Jun 14, 2005
  4. Eric Eastridge wrote:
    > I would seriously think before taking the CCNA. If you are not going to
    > be working with cisco, it is almost better to wait and take it. I have
    > had mine for almost a year now and I still am not working with cisco
    > equipment. It expires every 3 years, so i am facing the possibility of
    > retaking the exam of moving on to the CCSP to recertify the CCNA.

    Yeah, I see your point, but in the absence of working experience with
    Cisco kit wouldn't it be easier to get a job working with Cisco kit if
    you were a CCNA?

    The other reason I'm going for that next is that I work at a University
    where there's a brand new £50K Cisco networking lab, and I have a key
    ;-) Hell, I helped set the lab up in the first place. Might as well make
    the most of it before I move on.

    --
    Chris M.
    Mr Roflcopter, Jun 14, 2005
  5. Mr Roflcopter wrote:
    > Eric Eastridge wrote:
    >
    >> I would seriously think before taking the CCNA. If you are not going
    >> to be working with cisco, it is almost better to wait and take it. I
    >> have had mine for almost a year now and I still am not working with
    >> cisco equipment. It expires every 3 years, so i am facing the
    >> possibility of retaking the exam of moving on to the CCSP to recertify
    >> the CCNA.

    > Yeah, I see your point, but in the absence of working experience with
    > Cisco kit wouldn't it be easier to get a job working with Cisco kit if
    > you were a CCNA?
    >
    > The other reason I'm going for that next is that I work at a University
    > where there's a brand new £50K Cisco networking lab, and I have a key
    > ;-) Hell, I helped set the lab up in the first place. Might as well make
    > the most of it before I move on.

    it never hurts, i got the CCNA thinking it would help, and it has
    greatly increased my interviews, but still not any good job offers. most
    are making less than i make now. MCSA and CCNA should make you more
    marketable.
    Eric Eastridge, Jun 14, 2005
  6. Eric Eastridge wrote:
    > it never hurts, i got the CCNA thinking it would help, and it has
    > greatly increased my interviews, but still not any good job offers. most
    > are making less than i make now. MCSA and CCNA should make you more
    > marketable.

    *sigh* Tell me about it...

    I went for a job interview a couple of weeks back. The company knew my
    salary requirements before they invited me in.

    I didn't get offered the job on the basis that there was another guy
    they interviewed willing to work for £3.5k less than I earn now.

    Kind of made me a little annoyed that they had bothered to interview me
    in the first place if they were looking to pay that low, but also
    concerned that there were people out there competing for the same jobs
    who will work for £8k less than I would ask for.

    Ah well... back to the books.

    --
    Chris M.
    Mr Roflcopter, Jun 14, 2005