    Total CPU Time 8596 hr 37 min
    Average CPU Time per work unit 5 hr 43 min 51.9 sec
    Average results received per day 2.17
    Last result returned: Mon Oct 27 19:11:18 2003 UTC
    Registered on: Thu Dec 6 07:29:46 2001 UTC
    SETI@home user for: 1.893 years
    Your group info:
    You belong to the group named: nz.comp
    Your rank: (based on current workunits received)
    Your rank out of 4729152 total users is: 141736th place.
    The number of users who have this rank: 143
    You have completed more work units than 97.000% of our users.

    and I just finished another 10 that are uploading at present... I made
    one of my targets in only a few days since I set it... now, another 300
    units, and ~100 hours nd the other two are met aswell.

    T.N.O., Oct 28, 2003

  2. T.N.O.

    ``misfit~ Guest

    T.N.O. wrote:
    > Name (and URL) Dave Hall
    > Results Received 1500
    > Total CPU Time 8596 hr 37 min
    > Average CPU Time per work unit 5 hr 43 min 51.9 sec
    > Average results received per day 2.17
    > Last result returned: Mon Oct 27 19:11:18 2003 UTC
    > Registered on: Thu Dec 6 07:29:46 2001 UTC
    > SETI@home user for: 1.893 years
    > Your group info:
    > You belong to the group named: nz.comp
    > Your rank: (based on current workunits received)
    > Your rank out of 4729152 total users is: 141736th place.
    > The number of users who have this rank: 143
    > You have completed more work units than 97.000% of our users.
    >
    > and I just finished another 10 that are uploading at present... I made
    > one of my targets in only a few days since I set it... now, another
    > 300 units, and ~100 hours nd the other two are met aswell.

    Well done!
    --
    ~misfit~

    ``misfit~, Oct 28, 2003

  3. T.N.O.

    steve Guest

    T.N.O. allegedly said:

    > and I just finished another 10 that are uploading at present... I made
    > one of my targets in only a few days since I set it... now, another 300
    > units, and ~100 hours nd the other two are met aswell.

    It's addictive....eh. :)

    Pretty soon you're have 10 PCs grinding away. There are cheap, cheap, cheap
    "stack" options for multi-systems.

    Check this out and see where the old tea trolley went:

    The Crunchy Hog

    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bob_whitaker/CrunchyHog/system3.jpg

    steve, Oct 28, 2003
  4. T.N.O.

    T.N.O. Guest

    steve wrote:

    > T.N.O. allegedly said:
    >

    >>and I just finished another 10 that are uploading at present... I made
    >>one of my targets in only a few days since I set it... now, another 300
    >>units, and ~100 hours nd the other two are met aswell.

    > It's addictive....eh. :)
    >
    > Pretty soon you're have 10 PCs grinding away. There are cheap, cheap, cheap
    > "stack" options for multi-systems.
    >
    > Check this out and see where the old tea trolley went:
    >
    > The Crunchy Hog
    >
    > http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bob_whitaker/CrunchyHog/system3.jpg

    Thats what I need, a nice tidy setup like that :)

    T.N.O., Oct 28, 2003
  5. T.N.O.

    ~misfit~ Guest

    steve wrote:
    > T.N.O. allegedly said:
    >
    >> and I just finished another 10 that are uploading at present... I
    >> made one of my targets in only a few days since I set it... now,
    >> another 300 units, and ~100 hours nd the other two are met aswell.

    > It's addictive....eh. :)
    >
    > Pretty soon you're have 10 PCs grinding away. There are cheap,
    > cheap, cheap "stack" options for multi-systems.
    >
    > Check this out and see where the old tea trolley went:
    >
    > The Crunchy Hog

    LOL, what a cool 'system'. I think I saw 24 mobos there. Nice and tidy.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Oct 28, 2003
  6. T.N.O.

    harry Guest

    steve wrote:
    > T.N.O. allegedly said:
    >
    >> and I just finished another 10 that are uploading at present... I
    >> made one of my targets in only a few days since I set it... now,
    >> another 300 units, and ~100 hours nd the other two are met aswell.

    > It's addictive....eh. :)
    >
    > Pretty soon you're have 10 PCs grinding away. There are cheap,
    > cheap, cheap "stack" options for multi-systems.
    >
    > Check this out and see where the old tea trolley went:
    >
    > The Crunchy Hog
    >
    > http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bob_whitaker/CrunchyHog/system3.jpg

    Nice
    Heres some more
    http://ws9.jobnegotiator.com/html/flinks.html

    harry, Oct 28, 2003
  7. T.N.O.

    madknoxie Guest

    In article <>, "T.N.O." <>
    wrote:

    > Name (and URL) Dave Hall
    > Results Received 1500

    Whee! I just reached my first target, substantially smaller than your
    total but I'm happy with it anyway.

    Name (and URL) madknoxie
    Results Received 100
    Total CPU Time 2932 hr 06 min
    Average CPU Time per work unit 29 hr 19 min 16.1 sec
    Average results received per day 0.11
    Last result returned: Wed Oct 29 13:59:42 2003 UTC
    Registered on: Tue Jun 12 08:51:25 2001 UTC
    SETI@home user for: 2.383 years
    Your group info:
    You belong to the group named: nz.comp
    Your rank: (based on current workunits received)
    Your rank out of 4731895 total users is: 833307 th place.
    The number of users who have this rank: 5039
    You have completed more work units than 82.283% of our users.

    Sweet.
    --
    madknoxie

    madknoxie, Oct 30, 2003
  8. T.N.O.

    ~misfit~ Guest

    madknoxie wrote:
    > Whee! I just reached my first target, substantially smaller than your
    > total but I'm happy with it anyway.
    >
    > Name (and URL) madknoxie
    > Results Received 100
    > Total CPU Time 2932 hr 06 min
    > Average CPU Time per work unit 29 hr 19 min 16.1 sec
    > Average results received per day 0.11
    > Last result returned: Wed Oct 29 13:59:42 2003 UTC
    > Registered on: Tue Jun 12 08:51:25 2001 UTC
    > SETI@home user for: 2.383 years
    > Your group info:
    > You belong to the group named: nz.comp
    > Your rank: (based on current workunits received)
    > Your rank out of 4731895 total users is: 833307 th place.
    > The number of users who have this rank: 5039
    > You have completed more work units than 82.283% of our users.
    >
    > Sweet.

    Congrats. I remember the 100 mark well, it was only a few months ago. I'm
    hoping to get to 1,000 before they switch to the new client but I'ts not
    looking good, I have 3 machines crunching about 12 hours a day. Not
    high-speed machines though.

    Name (and URL) ~misfit~
    Results Received 681
    Total CPU Time 8453 hr 34 min
    Average CPU Time per work unit 12 hr 24 min 48.4 sec
    Average results received per day 0.42
    Last result returned:Thu Oct 30 06:40:32 2003 UTC
    Registered on:Thu Jun 10 08:52:27 1999 UTC
    SETI@home user for:4.392 years
    View User Profile
    Your group info:
    You belong to the group named: nz.comp
    You are the founder of: nz.comp

    Your rank: (based on current workunits received)

    Your rank out of 4732007 total users is: 269804th place.
    The number of users who have this rank: 264
    You have completed more work units than 94.293% of our users.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Oct 30, 2003
  9. T.N.O.

    T.N.O. Guest

    madknoxie wrote:
    > Whee! I just reached my first target, substantially smaller than your
    > total but I'm happy with it anyway.
    > Name (and URL) madknoxie
    > Results Received 100

    Excellent.

    T.N.O., Oct 30, 2003
  10. T.N.O.

    T.N.O. Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > Congrats. I remember the 100 mark well, it was only a few months ago. I'm
    > hoping to get to 1,000 before they switch to the new client but I'ts not
    > looking good, I have 3 machines crunching about 12 hours a day. Not
    > high-speed machines though.

    If you give me your details(email and password) I'll chuck them into one
    of my machines and I'll give you a hand.

    T.N.O., Oct 30, 2003
  11. T.N.O.

    ~misfit~ Guest

    T.N.O. wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >> Congrats. I remember the 100 mark well, it was only a few months
    >> ago. I'm hoping to get to 1,000 before they switch to the new client
    >> but I'ts not looking good, I have 3 machines crunching about 12
    >> hours a day. Not high-speed machines though.

    > If you give me your details(email and password) I'll chuck them into
    > one of my machines and I'll give you a hand.

    That would be cool. How can I email you?
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Oct 30, 2003
  12. T.N.O.

    Malcolm Guest

    On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 10:23:49 +1300, ~misfit~ <~misfit~@his.desk.com> wrote:
    > T.N.O. wrote:
    >> ~misfit~ wrote:
    >>> Congrats. I remember the 100 mark well, it was only a few months
    >>> ago. I'm hoping to get to 1,000 before they switch to the new client
    >>> but I'ts not looking good, I have 3 machines crunching about 12
    >>> hours a day. Not high-speed machines though.

    >> If you give me your details(email and password) I'll chuck them into
    >> one of my machines and I'll give you a hand.

    > That would be cool. How can I email you?
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    I reached my target of 10K, so happy to donate a machine to your efforts
    too....
    remove the obvious in the e-mail addy.

    Cheers Malcolm

    Malcolm, Oct 30, 2003
  13. T.N.O.

    T.N.O. Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > That would be cool. How can I email you?

    try replying to one of my posts... :)

    or try dave@ the domain dave.net.nz

    T.N.O., Oct 30, 2003
  14. "steve" <> wrote in message
    > T.N.O. allegedly said:
    >
    > > and I just finished another 10 that are uploading at present... I made
    > > one of my targets in only a few days since I set it... now, another 300
    > > units, and ~100 hours nd the other two are met aswell.

    > It's addictive....eh. :)
    >
    > Pretty soon you're have 10 PCs grinding away. There are cheap, cheap,

    cheap
    > "stack" options for multi-systems.

    Is this why home users need more than a few PCs?
    DO you have shares in the power companies or something?
    Is your power bill heaps?

    I like ETs too

    Nathan Mercer, Oct 31, 2003
  15. T.N.O.

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Nathan Mercer wrote:
    > "steve" <> wrote in message
    >> T.N.O. allegedly said:
    >>
    >>> and I just finished another 10 that are uploading at present... I
    >>> made one of my targets in only a few days since I set it... now,
    >>> another 300 units, and ~100 hours nd the other two are met aswell.

    >> It's addictive....eh. :)
    >>
    >> Pretty soon you're have 10 PCs grinding away. There are cheap,
    >> cheap, cheap "stack" options for multi-systems.

    > Is this why home users need more than a few PCs?
    > DO you have shares in the power companies or something?
    > Is your power bill heaps?

    It doesn't actually cost a hell of a lot to run a PC (as I'm sure you know).
    It's mainly the monitor that eats the electrons. I guess that the average
    PC, crunching SETI units without the monitor running, uses around 150 Watts
    or so. (Guessing, as I said). Thats around 2 cents an hour.

    > I like ETs too

    Do you run SETI Nathan?
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Oct 31, 2003
  16. T.N.O.

    T.N.O. Guest

    Nathan Mercer wrote:

    > "steve" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>T.N.O. allegedly said:
    >>

    >>>and I just finished another 10 that are uploading at present... I made
    >>>one of my targets in only a few days since I set it... now, another 300
    >>>units, and ~100 hours nd the other two are met aswell.

    >>It's addictive....eh. :)
    >>
    >>Pretty soon you're have 10 PCs grinding away. There are cheap, cheap,

    > cheap
    >
    >>"stack" options for multi-systems.

    > Is this why home users need more than a few PCs?
    > DO you have shares in the power companies or something?
    > Is your power bill heaps?
    >
    > I like ETs too

    I have two PC's doing it 24/7 and my bill is ~$100 all year round... and
    in winter, no heater is needed in the computer room :)

    T.N.O., Nov 1, 2003