woohoo SETI, another milestone reached.

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Bret, Nov 21, 2003.

  1. Bret

    Bret Guest

    On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 12:45:45 +1300, "~misfit~" <~misfit~@his_desk.com>
    wrote:

    >T.N.O. wrote:
    >> I wanted to get into the top 3% got that about a month ago.
    >> I wanted to have processed over 2 units a day, got that ages ago.
    >> I wanted to have given over a year of CPU time, got that about a
    >> month ago. I wanted to have completed 1800 units by the end of this
    >> kind of seti,
    >> and I just got that this morning.
    >>
    >> My last goal is/was to get to 2 years member ship before the change
    >> over, but well, I have no say in that...
    >>
    >> And Welldone the nz.comp seti team.
    >> http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/stats/team/team_155750.html
    >>
    >> and my stats.
    >>

    >http://setiathome2.ssl.berkeley.edu/fcgi-bin/fcgi?email=barryogen@hotmail.
    >com&cmd=user_stats_new
    >>

    >> Your credit:
    >> Name (and URL) Dave Hall
    >> Results Received 1800
    >> Total CPU Time 1.134 years
    >> Average CPU Time per work unit 5 hr 31 min 11.2 sec
    >> Average results received per day 2.52
    >> Last result returned: Fri Nov 21 19:50:32 2003 UTC
    >> Registered on: Thu Dec 6 07:29:46 2001 UTC
    >> View Registration Class
    >> SETI@home user for: 1.960 years
    >> View User Profile
    >> Your group info:
    >> You belong to the group named: nz.comp
    >> You are not currently the founder of any teams.
    >>
    >> Your rank: (based on current workunits received)
    >> Your rank out of 4761607 total users is: 122142nd place.
    >> The number of users who have this rank: 86
    >> You have completed more work units than 97.433% of our users.

    >Well done Dave. I've just signed up for, and am beta-testing the new BOINC
    >client on one of my machines. I've decided that it isn't *quite* as
    >important as I thought earlier to get to 1,000 WUs.

    Come on Misfit, you're nearly there.
    I was going to offer you some cpu cycles when I hit 1000 :)

    Bret, Nov 21, 2003

  2. Bret

    T.N.O. Guest

    http://setiathome2.ssl.berkeley.edu/fcgi-bin/fcgi?email=&cmd=user_stats_new

    T.N.O., Nov 21, 2003

  3. Bret

    Malcolm Guest

    On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 09:22:24 +1300, T.N.O.
    <> wrote:

    > I wanted to get into the top 3% got that about a month ago.
    > I wanted to have processed over 2 units a day, got that ages ago.
    > I wanted to have given over a year of CPU time, got that about a month
    > ago.
    > I wanted to have completed 1800 units by the end of this kind of seti,
    > and I just got that this morning.
    >
    > My last goal is/was to get to 2 years member ship before the change
    > over, but well, I have no say in that...
    >
    > And Welldone the nz.comp seti team.
    > http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/stats/team/team_155750.html
    >
    > and my stats.
    > http://setiathome2.ssl.berkeley.edu/fcgi-bin/fcgi?email=&cmd=user_stats_new
    >

    > Your credit:
    > Name (and URL) Dave Hall
    > Results Received 1800
    > Total CPU Time 1.134 years
    > Average CPU Time per work unit 5 hr 31 min 11.2 sec
    > Average results received per day 2.52
    > Last result returned: Fri Nov 21 19:50:32 2003 UTC
    > Registered on: Thu Dec 6 07:29:46 2001 UTC
    > View Registration Class
    > SETI@home user for: 1.960 years
    > View User Profile
    > Your group info:
    > You belong to the group named: nz.comp
    > You are not currently the founder of any teams.
    >
    > Your rank: (based on current workunits received)
    > Your rank out of 4761607 total users is: 122142nd place.
    > The number of users who have this rank: 86
    > You have completed more work units than 97.433% of our users.

    Congrats :)

    I'm going to keep my efforts going until they send me 'the e-mail' and/or
    turn off the data servers and bring BOINC online...

    Results Received 10727
    Total CPU Time 12.605 years
    Average CPU Time per work unit 10 hr 17 min 35.9 sec
    Average results received per day 6.50
    Last result returned: Fri Nov 21 18:52:59 2003 UTC
    Registered on: Sat May 15 21:16:15 1999 UTC
    View Registration Class
    SETI@home user for: 4.523 years
    View User Profile
    Your group info:
    You belong to the group named: Yeti's SETI project
    You are not currently the founder of any teams.

    Your rank: (based on current workunits received)

    Your rank out of 4761661 total users is: 13055th place.
    The number of users who have this rank: 2
    You have completed more work units than 99.726% of our users.

    Cheers
    Malcolm

    Malcolm, Nov 21, 2003
  4. Bret

    ~misfit~ Guest

    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Nov 21, 2003
  5. Bret

    Gordon Guest

    On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 09:22:24 +1300, T.N.O. wrote:

    > I wanted to get into the top 3% got that about a month ago.
    > I wanted to have processed over 2 units a day, got that ages ago.
    > I wanted to have given over a year of CPU time, got that about a month ago.
    > I wanted to have completed 1800 units by the end of this kind of seti,
    > and I just got that this morning.

    Your next goal is? and do we need be informed of it? Who cares? Not many.

    Gordon, Nov 22, 2003
  6. Bret

    T.N.O. Guest

    Gordon wrote:

    > On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 09:22:24 +1300, T.N.O. wrote:
    >

    >>I wanted to get into the top 3% got that about a month ago.
    >>I wanted to have processed over 2 units a day, got that ages ago.
    >>I wanted to have given over a year of CPU time, got that about a month ago.
    >>I wanted to have completed 1800 units by the end of this kind of seti,
    >>and I just got that this morning.
    >>

    > Your next goal is? and do we need be informed of it? Who cares? Not many.

    ummm next goal is world domination.

    I plan to get "the Daves of the world" to help out "the brendans(many
    different spellings included) of the world" in their quest for world
    domination.

    I figure that the Brendans, with the daves(probably the worlds most
    popular "anglo" name) we should be able to triumph with relative ease.

    T.N.O., Nov 22, 2003
  7. Bret

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Bret wrote:
    > On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 12:45:45 +1300, "~misfit~" <~misfit~@his_desk.com>
    > wrote:
    >> Well done Dave. I've just signed up for, and am beta-testing the new
    >> BOINC client on one of my machines. I've decided that it isn't
    >> *quite* as important as I thought earlier to get to 1,000 WUs.

    > Come on Misfit, you're nearly there.
    > I was going to offer you some cpu cycles when I hit 1000 :)

    Ok, you've talked me into it. ;-)

    I'll put SETI classic back on this beast and try for the 1,000 mark.

    Cheers,
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Nov 22, 2003
  8. Bret

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Gordon wrote:
    > On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 09:22:24 +1300, T.N.O. wrote:
    >
    >> I wanted to get into the top 3% got that about a month ago.
    >> I wanted to have processed over 2 units a day, got that ages ago.
    >> I wanted to have given over a year of CPU time, got that about a
    >> month ago. I wanted to have completed 1800 units by the end of this
    >> kind of seti,
    >> and I just got that this morning.
    >>

    > Your next goal is? and do we need be informed of it? Who cares? Not
    > many.

    Well, at least 41 regulars here who are members of the nz.comp SETI team
    probably care.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Nov 22, 2003
  9. Bret

    steve Guest

    T.N.O. allegedly said:

    > I wanted to get into the top 3% got that about a month ago.
    > I wanted to have processed over 2 units a day, got that ages ago.
    > I wanted to have given over a year of CPU time, got that about a month
    > ago. I wanted to have completed 1800 units by the end of this kind of
    > seti, and I just got that this morning.

    I want to get to 25,000 WUs before they change to BOINC.....

    Only 264 to go.

    --
    Best Regards,
    Steve Withers

    steve, Nov 22, 2003
  10. Bret

    steve Guest

    Gordon allegedly said:

    > On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 09:22:24 +1300, T.N.O. wrote:
    >
    >> I wanted to get into the top 3% got that about a month ago.
    >> I wanted to have processed over 2 units a day, got that ages ago.
    >> I wanted to have given over a year of CPU time, got that about a month
    >> ago. I wanted to have completed 1800 units by the end of this kind of
    >> seti, and I just got that this morning.
    >>

    > Your next goal is? and do we need be informed of it? Who cares? Not many.

    41 people in this newgroup are nz.comp SETI members.....and that would be a
    goodly proportion of the readers here.

    By contrast.....few would be interested in your response....negative and
    unconstructive as it is.

    --
    Best Regards,
    Steve Withers

    steve, Nov 22, 2003
  11. Bret

    steve Guest

    ~misfit~ allegedly said:

    > Bret wrote:
    >> On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 12:45:45 +1300, "~misfit~" <~misfit~@his_desk.com>
    >> wrote:
    >>> Well done Dave. I've just signed up for, and am beta-testing the new
    >>> BOINC client on one of my machines. I've decided that it isn't
    >>> *quite* as important as I thought earlier to get to 1,000 WUs.

    >> Come on Misfit, you're nearly there.
    >> I was going to offer you some cpu cycles when I hit 1000 :)

    > Ok, you've talked me into it. ;-)
    >
    > I'll put SETI classic back on this beast and try for the 1,000 mark.

    When I hit 25,000, I'll donate my 36 / day to you to help you out. :)

    I have about 8 days to go.

    --
    Best Regards,
    Steve Withers

    steve, Nov 22, 2003
  12. Bret

    steve Guest

    Malcolm allegedly said:

    > You belong to the group named: Yeti's SETI project

    You're in the wrong group, but! :)

    --
    Best Regards,
    Steve Withers

    steve, Nov 22, 2003
  13. Bret

    ~misfit~ Guest

    steve wrote:
    > ~misfit~ allegedly said:
    >
    >> Bret wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Come on Misfit, you're nearly there.
    >>> I was going to offer you some cpu cycles when I hit 1000 :)

    >> Ok, you've talked me into it. ;-)
    >>
    >> I'll put SETI classic back on this beast and try for the 1,000 mark.

    > When I hit 25,000, I'll donate my 36 / day to you to help you out.
    > :)
    >
    > I have about 8 days to go.

    Wohoo! That would get me there in no time. Thanks.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Nov 22, 2003
  14. Bret

    Malcolm Guest

    On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 23:58:44 +1300, steve <> wrote:

    > Malcolm allegedly said:
    >
    >> You belong to the group named: Yeti's SETI project

    > You're in the wrong group, but! :)

    True.....but some cpu cycles are used for a nz.comp seti member...:)

    Malcolm, Nov 22, 2003
  15. Bret

    Malcolm Guest

    On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 22:45:20 +1300, ~misfit~ <~misfit~@his_desk.com> wrote:

    > Bret wrote:
    >> On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 12:45:45 +1300, "~misfit~" <~misfit~@his_desk.com>
    >> wrote:
    >>> Well done Dave. I've just signed up for, and am beta-testing the new
    >>> BOINC client on one of my machines. I've decided that it isn't
    >>> *quite* as important as I thought earlier to get to 1,000 WUs.

    >> Come on Misfit, you're nearly there.
    >> I was going to offer you some cpu cycles when I hit 1000 :)

    > Ok, you've talked me into it. ;-)
    >
    > I'll put SETI classic back on this beast and try for the 1,000 mark.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    Hey ~misfit~ new target is 1007 :) ....
    http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/stats/country_113.html

    Cheers

    Malcolm, Nov 22, 2003
  16. Bret

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Malcolm wrote:
    > On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 22:45:20 +1300, ~misfit~ <~misfit~@his_desk.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Bret wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Come on Misfit, you're nearly there.
    >>> I was going to offer you some cpu cycles when I hit 1000 :)

    >> Ok, you've talked me into it. ;-)
    >>
    >> I'll put SETI classic back on this beast and try for the 1,000 mark.
    >>
    >> Cheers,
    >> --
    >> ~misfit~
    >>

    > Hey ~misfit~ new target is 1007 :) ....
    > http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/stats/country_113.html
    >
    > Cheers

    Damn! It is too. I better go for 1050 or something before I go back to
    beta-testing BOINC.

    Cheers,
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Nov 22, 2003
  17. Bret

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Malcolm wrote:
    > On Sat, 22 Nov 2003 23:58:44 +1300, steve <> wrote:
    >
    >> Malcolm allegedly said:
    >>
    >>> You belong to the group named: Yeti's SETI project

    >> You're in the wrong group, but! :)
    >>

    > True.....but some cpu cycles are used for a nz.comp seti member...:)

    And much appreciated too, especially now. ;-)
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Nov 22, 2003